Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
I think part of the reason that LE too often assumes normal people walk away from their lives is because that's most often what in fact happened.

But, I agree with you, Cheyne, the stats shouldn't determine to what extent something is investigated.

I'd also like to see less focus on drugs and prostitution, and more focus on doing deeper than surface level investigations into missing persons cases where there is no history of flight (along with more focus on violent crimes and pursuit of scam artists who exploit the most vulnerable).

As for the McStays, I think the number of shady characters in their world might have contributed to how San Diego PD handled the case; like they figured the family mighta gotten involved over their heads in something and just wanted to escape it all. Why not instead assume that one of those shady characters made the family disappear and thoroughly investigate both possibilities in parallel? SD PD really effed up on this case, IMO.

I wonder how San Bernadino LE is handling the homicide investigation and who they've ruled out or in. Very much hoping that there's an arrest and this case gets solved quickly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 01-04-2014, 12:19 PM