Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
Well, it was definitely an interesting day in court yesterday.

[Image: chase-merritt.png]
Chase Merritt informed the judge that he plans on representing himself; he has dismissed his attorney Robert Ponce.

Supposedly, Merritt's decision is due to the fact that he wants the case to move to trial as soon as possible so he can clear his name before he dies; Merritt reportedly believes he has only 6 - 8 months to live.

The judge subsequently allowed it, but said the matter was pending review until Merritt produced a note from the jail doctor saying he was fit to do so. If he's deemed fit, he'll be assigned a consulting attorney.

Merritt is a conman and a thief who was writing a book about the missing McStay family when he was arrested. I don't believe anything he says without it being substantiated, but I do hope the case moves to trial quickly.

Yesterday the judge also ruled against the media request to have the San Bernadino PD search warrants released to the public because she believes doing so would jeopardize Merritt's right to a fair trial. I understand her decision, but really wanted to see those warrants.

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcstay-murde...sent-self/

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 01-31-2015, 10:19 AM