Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Come out, come out ....wake up lazy bums!!
(07-05-2014, 11:05 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: My sister felt that the invite to be her friend was a betrayal towards me.

See, I don't understand how that would be a betrayal.

(07-05-2014, 11:05 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I have never thought about whether my sister has an elevated social status.

Well, if you're convinced that you've been cast out after over 30 years for no other reason than your old friend suddenly views you as lower status than she, stands to reason she must view your sister as higher status than you.

Did your old friend tell you that's why she apparently second-stringed you, or is it possible that you're actually more concerned about social status than you think and you've jumped to the wrong conclusion?

If social status is really the reason and that's tied to money or lifestyle, your old friend sounds ignorant. Has she not seen your bench-top dishwasher?! Smiley_emoticons_wink

(07-05-2014, 11:05 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I reserve the use of the word 'you know what face' for Mockers......exclusively! Is that bad? Am I wrong?

I don't think it's wrong.

The concepts of betrayal and status-measuring in play in all of this are just making me laugh. I think I'm outta my element here, aussie -- still can't see how any of it is worth you losing any sleep over.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Come out, come out ....wake up lazy bums!! - by HairOfTheDog - 07-05-2014, 12:00 PM