Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(07-31-2015, 02:18 PM)username Wrote: I probably ought to read the agreement. I'd like to know more details about that. If Israel decides to start bombing Iranian nuclear facilities and Iran retaliates, are we obligated to sit back and watch? Assist the Iranian's? NOT assist Israel as part of the deal?

I can't imagine a scenario where 1) we defend Iran against Israel or 2) we don't assist Israel if they're getting their proverbial butts handed to them.

As I said before with that at most a year scenario, I think it was going to happen regardless unless we were willing to start dropping bombs on Iran. I think we've already made a huge mess in the middle east...my instincts tell me any military action WE took against Iran would just make a bigger mess.

My understanding of that part of the agreement would not require any nation to militarily defend Iran from attack.

It does appear to limit the signatories from being involved in any effort to thwart the Iranian program in any way however, otherwise there would be no need to even have a deal in the first place.

If Israel wants to deploy another Stuxnet like attack, the US can't be involved or know about it. Per the agreement it looks like we will actually be helping Iran beef up their cybersecurity as well to protect from things like that.

Messages In This Thread
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Jimbone - 07-31-2015, 02:52 PM