Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(09-04-2015, 01:50 PM)Maggot Wrote: Like I said before if someone says they're gonna punch me in the nose I tend to get a bit defensive.

I understand. I do.

Looking at it from that sort of angle...

Let's say your friend around the block has been going back and forth with Somebody for years. Somebody gets defensive and tells your friend that he is gonna punch him in the nose and knock his fucking dick in the dirt. Your friend gets defensive and threatens to have you and your colleagues come over and kick Somebody's ass into next week.

Sometime later....you and your colleagues -- armed with fully loaded Uzis -- approach Somebody. You don't trust Somebody to have Uzis because you think Somebody is dangerous to your friend and others, even though Somebody has never attacked anybody and you and your friend have attacked lots of people.

Somebody, who you know has no access to any working guns but is trying to build Uzis in his garage, agrees to stop building and let you inspect his garage regularly for 10 years. In exchange, you will give Somebody a job and some other compensation. As an added bonus, Somebody also happens to hate the convicted child molester and his like-inclined friends down the street as much as you do; so Somebody agrees to help you keep the chesters away from kids in the area.

The threat to your friend has been greatly minimized, but he's pissed. He would rather you have kicked Somebody's ass on his behalf and resents that, while you don't like or trust Somebody very much, you're trying a diplomatic arrangement which keeps everybody safer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 09-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM