Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(09-05-2018, 12:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: He does have another thing that makes the left mad and sweaty. Trump nominated him. The very day he did that the left was out to stop the nomination process, not just debate the nomination.

Maggot, 'the right' refused to even consider Obama's nominee to fill Scalia's seat and left it empty for over a year because they wanted to be able to appoint a conservative judge if a Republican was elected President.  

The Republicans had the Senate majority and thus the ability to successfully obstruct the process for political gain.  That obstruction began before Trump was even the Republican nominee for President.

I don't agree that Democrat Senators 'hate' or oppose Kavanaugh because they 'hate' or oppose Trump.  I think they'd be challenging any very conservative judge nominated by any President because the people who elected the Democrat Senators are not very conservative and don't want to see the country headed further in that direction.

However, I do believe that the Democrat Senators are likely more aggressive in their opposition to this conservative nominee than they would have been  in the past because of McConnell's total disrespect and obstruction in regards to considering Obama's rightful pick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 09-05-2018, 12:36 PM