Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE -- SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO NOW?
(11-15-2016, 02:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: I guess it depends on who is winning and how.

That's definitely true for Donald Trump.

When he wrongly assumed the man he voted for had won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote in 2012, he tweeted this.
[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_11_14_at_11.08.29_AM.png]

After winning the electoral vote and losing the popular vote himself, he criticized protesters and Tweeted this:
[Image: _92454513_trumptweetsec.png]

Trump's high if he truly believes he could have won New York and California. For the first time in 80 years, California's Republican stronghold (Orange County) voted Democrat. Clinton will probably win the popular vote by between 1 and 2 million after all the California ballots are counted. Flipping Wisconsin and Michigan was a great achievement for Trump and his campaign, no doubt. But, his winning strategy there, and how he did it, had the opposite effect here.

Anyway, Trump won the election fair and square according to the current criteria. Too bad he just can't be a gracious winner and accept that he did not win over the majority of voters. To me, it makes him look petty and like a sore winner/loser to make such "I coulda if I wanted to" claims on social media. I sure hope he stops doing shit like that by the time he becomes our President.

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE -- SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO NOW? - by HairOfTheDog - 11-15-2016, 06:19 PM