Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
June 1, 2016

George Papadopoulos emails the person identified in court records as "High-Ranking Campaign Official" asking about Russia. The High-Ranking Campaign Official referred him to another person identified in court records only as "Campaign Supervisor" because “[h]e is running point.” Papadopoulos then emailed the Campaign Supervisor, with the subject line “Re: Messages from Russia." “I have the Russian MFA asking me if Mr. Trump is interested in visiting Russia at some point. Wanted to pass this info along to you for you to decide what’s best to do with it and what message I should send (or to ignore).”

Federal court records related to his guilty plea say that from mid-June through mid-August 2016, Papadopoulos pursued an “off the record” meeting between one or more campaign representatives and “members of President Putin’s office and the MFA.”

June 3, 2016

Donald Trump Jr. receives an email from entertainment publicist Rob Goldstone saying that Trump's business associate in Russia, an oligarch named Aras Agalrov, was contacted by someone he identified as the crown prosecutor of Russia, who wanted to provide the Trump campaign with damaging information about Hillary Clinton. Goldstone said the information "would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father." Goldstone, in emails later released by Donald Trump Jr., continued: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump — helped along by Aras and Ermin." Minutes later, Trump Jr. responded: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-03-2017, 10:17 AM