Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(12-05-2017, 12:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 11:32 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I personally doubt the Republican congress of today would be as inclined to put our country and democracy above party loyalty if it were to come down to it.

From everything they've shown me they would not put the country before their party. They aren't patriots, not in any sense of the word.

Yeah, sadly, the way it's playing out makes me think you're right.

FBI agents, like all other human beings, have personal lives and opinions about politics and everything else. That doesn't mean they and we can't do our jobs objectively.

And, Mueller removed the agent who sent anti-Trump sentiments to his girlfriend from the Russia Interference investigation. Good on him.

But now FOX News, Trump, Trump's spokespeople, and even GOP congresspersons who vouched for Mueller's objectivity whole-heartedly before the Flynn plea.............are on a transparent crusade to undermine the investigation over those stupid trist texts.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Mueller has acquired Kushner communications from the .gov server host that the Trump transition team used.

The host explicitly informs users that there is no expectation of privacy in using their domains; anyone with any experience or sense knows that and there's no doubt Mueller covered all the legal bases. He's used those communications during interviews with Trump staff, reportedly. Nothing illegal or unexpected there, to me.

BUT.............it's apparently shocking shit and grounds to investigate/fire Mueller, according to some Trump loyalists and paid propagandists.

What's funny in a kind of sad way, to me, is that many of those shocked individuals are the very same ones who backed 8 tax-payer funded investigations into the unfortunate deaths of American operatives in Benghazi in order to pin the blame on Hillary Clinton (even though such deaths occur in most any administration).

Some of them are the very same people who cheered the illegal hacking (and subsequent publication) of DNC emails during the 2016 presidential election.

One of them is the President of the United States........who stood on a platform and begged for Russia to illegally hack Clinton's server and find emails she'd previously deleted.

The depth of hypocrisy is almost unbelievable. Almost.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-17-2017, 08:11 PM