Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
^ I like that image -- it's witchy. But, I don't think your wand is going to be necessary after all.

I just read the GOP memo that Nunes pushed and Trump approved for public release. It is not a 'bombshell!', as promised.

That memo ( https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/politics/...index.html ) doesn't prove or even credibly suggest that anything was done wrong by the FBI and intelligence agencies. It's a big fat 'so what?!' spin piece.

Carter Page had already been a concern to US Intelligence Agencies due to his statements and connections in Russia. And, the FISA warrants referenced in the memo were issued after the Trump campaign had already distanced themselves from him and Page no longer had a role in the campaign. The probable causes in the FISA warrant requests were approved by a judge. Sounds to me like the FBI, intelligence agencies, and judiciary are all guilty......................of doing their jobs.

It doesn't matter or show bias if the surveillance warrants for Page were granted, even in large part as the memo asserts but doesn't validate, due to the Steele Dossier. That Dossier was funded partially by a conservative Republican publication and partly by a Democratic candidate organization --the former funding source being conveniently left out of the memo.

And, the FISA issues mentioned in the memo also relate to George Papadopoulos, who was in fact indicted and pleaded guilty to lying about his Russian activities during his time as a Trump campaign staff member. That, to me, reinforces the credibility of the FISA warrants and the investigation.

Anyway, I think 'The Memo" is a huge fail for Nunes and all the GOP mouthpieces who oversold the propaganda piece. Nunes just wrote his own political obituary with California voters -- at least, I hope so. He is a stooge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 02-02-2018, 08:10 PM