Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
D'Souza actually used to be a credible conservative ideologue, in my opinion. He's quite sharp intellectually and a very good marketer and salesman.

But, years ago he went over the edge and became a highly partisan Republican hack, peddling conspiracy theories to the far right for profit. He may actually believe what he peddles, I don't know.

Anyway, considering his works pointing fingers at left-leaning politicians and groups for alleged money-related immorality and illegality without evidence, it was a prime example of extremist hypocrisy when he was convicted of violating federal campaign finance laws.

I think D'Souza is still on parole after having pleaded guilty. IIRC, he intentionally broke the law by donating over the federal limit to a female Republican senatorial candidate who was running against Democrat Kristen Gillibrand (Gillibrand won the election). D'Souza used 'straw donors' to disguise his crime and got busted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 02-04-2018, 01:10 PM