Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
Did you see that Sessions fired Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe 26 hours before McCabe's retirement Duchess?

[Image: im-4136?width=620&aspect_ratio=1.5]
I think McCabe ^ is going to be a key witness in Mueller's investigation, as least the probe into potential obstruction of justice. McCabe's the FBI official to whom James Comey communicated his concerns about President Trump trying to get him to pledge personal loyalty over objective investigation of possible Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I wasn't really surprised by McCabe getting the boot just before he resigned with full benefits after 21 years of service. And, I wasn't surprised at all about Trump's many tweets disparaging McCabe over the last few months.

I was kinda surprised, however, by McCabe's post-ouster tweet. He's not going quietly and finally speaking out in defense of himself, the Justice Department, and his family.

McCabe and his supporters claim that the firing was simply a politically-motivated move to discredit him as a witness and undermine the Russia investigation. Some also believe that Sessions only fired McCabe to appease the President and keep his own job. Sessions could simply have let McCabe retire on Monday.

Supporters of President Trump feel the firing is long-overdue and continue to insist that McCabe was biased in favor of Hillary Clinton during the investigation into her emails and biased against Trump during the Russia investigation.

I want to see the evidence behind the Inspector General's finding that there was cause for McCabe's dismissal due to lack of candor and unauthorized public disclosures.

Story: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/us/po...fired.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 03-17-2018, 01:14 PM