Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(03-17-2018, 06:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 06:28 PM)pyropappy Wrote: The IG is independent and not controlled by political appointees.

Thank you Pappy.

I'm unclear as to whether the FBI's DPR used the Inspector General's findings as the basis for McCabe's dismissal?

If not and both recommendations for dismissal were made completely independently of the other, it's a more compelling case against McCabe (in my opinion).

As I understand the timeline:

IG Mike Horowitz found McCabe provided sensitive info to the Wall Street Journal about the Clinton Foundation investigation then LIED about his involvement.

The IG forwarded that info to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) because the IG only reports findings. OPR then decides the appropiate punishment. They made the recommendation his employment be terminated. Based on that decision Sessions had to terminte McCabe.

Given the involvement in the Clinton Foundation in his wife's political run I can see why the decision was made. McCabe showed extremely poor judgement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by pyropappy - 03-17-2018, 10:12 PM