Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(03-18-2018, 02:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: Is the entire investigation a real investigation that encompasses all aspects of collusion including the DNC, Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama or is it a set up disguised as an investigation to discredit Trump because he won? The question you asked "Is Trump above the law" I would say no. And neither is anyone that had a finger in this entire thing. Who paid Steele? We know it was the DNC to get info on Trump because it was looking like he was going to win. Or is that not relevant but Trumps business activities are? I see collusion with this investigative committee.
Maybe a new committee to investigate the investigative committee should be brought up as it seems they are not subjective enough to look at all aspects of this tangled web of deceit.
As Truman said "anyone that gets rich in Washington is corrupt".

I'm glad there is an investigation underway.

Our national security and intelligence agencies all agreed over a year ago that the Russians interfered in the U.S. election. Of course that should be investigated.

Russian individuals and organizations have been indicted as result of the independent investigation. Putin has said he doesn't care. He seems increasingly emboldened to do whatever the hell he wants these days.

So, while nobody expects Russia to send the accused Russians to the U.S. for trial, at least we're letting the alleged offenders know that we know and that kind of cyber warfare and infiltration (here and in Europe) by Russia is not going to be overlooked. Hopefully, the U.S. security and intelligence agencies are also doing something behind the scenes to prevent future hacks and covert operations.

We already know that Russian intelligence tried not only to help Trump, but also to help Bernie and Jill Stein -- anybody but Hillary. If there's evidence that Trump, Bernie, Stein or Hillary Clinton (or any of their campaign staffers) conspired or broke any laws, they should each be held accountable. Just because you haven't seen any indictments or leaks in regards to those campaigns, doesn't mean they haven't come up in the investigation.

As for the dossier, we know that it was originally funded by a conservative publication and later picked up by the Clinton campaign. Opposition research isn't a crime nor is it unusual. Lying to investigators about talking to Russians to get dirt on a political competitor -- like saying the meeting was about adoption if it wasn't -- however, is a crime.

I'm watching where the investigation goes and look forward to viewing the results/evidence when it becomes available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2018, 04:16 PM