Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(05-30-2019, 01:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 08:48 AM)Maggot Wrote: The president is not above the law, but neither is he below the law. Trump should not have to "prove" his innocence. Meullar is just sick of the entire monkey house wars as are most Americans. I am more interested in the beginning of the investigation and how it turned into such a smear show. The original reason why it started, when and by whom.   

..................The investigation continues.

Yeah, I don't see it quite like you do.

Mueller did what he was assigned to do and able to do within Department of Justice guidelines.  So, he's done and returning to private life.   It's in the hands of Congress now. 

It's clear (and unsurprising) to me that Mueller is not the fraud or hack or disparaging names that you and others claimed he was..... nor was he hellbent on levying allegations of crimes against Trump at all costs, like you and others claimed during the course of the investigation.    

Mueller's report indicates that there was significant communications between Russian interference operators and the Trump campaign during Russia's attempts to sway the election in favor of Trump and against Clinton.  However, Mueller and team did not find sufficient evidence to indicate that there was intent to conspire on the part of the Trump camp.

And, Mueller hasn't said how he feels about commentary on the investigation (aside from taking exception with his friend AG Barr's initial claim that Trump was  exonerated of obstructing justice by Mueller's team, which is false)...... so I don't presume to know what's in Mueller's mind and in his heart and don't put much stock in your claims that you do know.

I'm interested in the case against Roger Stone, which is set for trial on November 5th.  However, I'm more interested in hearing about what our government is doing to prevent/minimize future election interference in U.S. elections by foreign operatives (whether that be via misinformation campaigns, stealing and releasing candidate/party data, or planting spies to garner illegal influence).  

I've already heard many times from several officials what prompted the Mueller investigation in the first place.  I'm not interested in partisan rehashing of it, but don't care one way or the other about an 'investigation of the investigation.'  Like with Mueller's investigation, I'll wait to see what the verified evidence turns up or doesn't turn up.

1. I don't see Trump and Russians having significant communications, i see more Clinton/ Russian communication though.

2. Of course you're not interested in finding out who gave the green light to spy on Trump or how and why the entire story started. That is also part of the investigation. Most Americans want to know what Trump did. Besides becoming President.

Like Mueller's investigation I too want to see the verified evidence. ...................The investigation continues.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - by Maggot - 05-30-2019, 02:17 PM