Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(11-12-2019, 05:30 PM)Duchess Wrote: Thanks for posting all that info, HotD. I wouldn't have been able to post it so concisely. I would have ended every sentence with HaHaFuckinHa.   Awink

Smiley_emoticons_smile

I'm not laughing yet............but I will will be shaking my head in agreement and smiling if Stone ends up being found 'guilty' of some or all of the charges and has to serve time behind bars.  He very much deserves it, in my opinion.  

He (and his ex-partner Paul Manafort) have been two of the ugliest and shadiest 'swamp' creatures in American politics for a very long time. 

Anyway, Stone is charged with 1 count of obstructing justice, 5 counts of making false statements, and 1 count of witness tampering.  The maximum sentence he faces if convicted on all counts is 20 years.

I think the Prosecution proved beyond any doubt that Stone tampered with a witness (Credico).  I also believe they proved beyond reasonable doubt that Stone (knowingly) made multiple false statements under oath to Congress, thereby obstructing justice.

I don't expect Stone to get anywhere near the max even if he's found guilty of all the charges.  However, I hope he gets more than just a slap on the wrist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-12-2019, 06:40 PM