Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(02-13-2020, 01:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:    

If the judge decides that the sentence recommended by the prosecutors is too harsh, she has the power to sentence him to less time and explain why.  If she decides to do so of her own accord (not under threat or pressure) that wouldn't be a problem for me -- that's also how the system works.   

I see that Attorney General Barr has agreed to answer questions about the Stone intervention in front of Congress....................on March 31st.  That's a long six weeks from now (and I won't be surprised if he balks again anyway).  In the meantime, President Trump continues to lie publicly about Stone's actions and the details of the case/conviction.

Judge ABJ has the ability to bring in the 4 prosecutors who resigned the case and ask them why they did so. I sure hope she does. She's also the person who Roger posted a picture of with an image of cross hairs covering her head/face.

I wish Democrats would get their act together. Issue subpoenas and if they are not honored start jailing those fuckers.

The judge has scheduled a conference call tomorrow with the Defense and the Prosecution.  It's not known whether she'll be inquiring about the reasons the full prosecution team withdrew from the case after AG Barr's interference.

In any case, I hope she denies the request for a new trial and proceeds with sentencing on Thursday, as scheduled, and simply sentences Stone according to her judgment of the facts in evidence and the sentencing guidelines (ignoring all the political interference).  

I haven't seen any justification for giving Roger Stone a do-over and the fact that he's a long time friend and adviser of Trump should not be a factor.

The jury foreperson being a Democrat who ran for office is also irrelevant.  She disclosed that fact during jury selection and pledged to consider the evidence objectively, and the Defense did not reject her from being seated. 

That's the way jury selection works and every juror is either a Democrat, a Republican, an Independent, or politically unaffiliated -- whichever they are, it is not indicative of their ability to serve impartially, regardless of the defendant's politics.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - by HairOfTheDog - 02-17-2020, 12:35 PM