Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
List of "clients" involved in college admission scandal
Regarding the university cheating scam, I'm very glad that an unrelated investigation led to the discovery of this widespread academic criminal network.

Capitalism doesn't have to be rife with corruption, but when money and prestige allow people to buy themselves and their families a different set of rules and an ability to operate above the law, corruption and social inequities/injustices continue to expand and infect society.  It's antithetical to democracy.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that so many CEOs, celebrities, and other extremely wealthy parents were willing to bribe and cheat their kids' way in to good schools, thereby depriving harder working and less wealthy students of the opportunity.  I don't feel sorry for any of them and hope they're held legally accountable, just like the brokers, coaches, and administrators who took the bribes.

In my opinion, it's long overdue that U.S. law enforcement start shining the light and cracking down heavily on everyone involved in white collar political, academic, church, and all other corruption-ridden segments of our society.

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of "clients" involved in college admission scandal - by HairOfTheDog - 03-15-2019, 12:40 PM