Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ELIZABETH SHELLEY, 5 YRS OLD - MISSING & PRESUMED DEAD, UTAH
I hear ya Duchess.  It's often a frustratingly long time before murder cases get resolved.

Utah is one of 30 states which still has a death penalty option for prosecutors, judges and juries.  So, I kinda wonder if the reason Whipple decided to tell police where Elizabeth was located today is because he learned of all the physical evidence they'd compiled against him and wanted to reduce the chances of facing the death penalty.

However, prosecutors frequently consult with the murder victim's family when deciding whether to seek the death penalty.  I don't know if Elizabeth's mom would be more or less inclined to push for it because the killer of her daughter is her own brother.

In any case, if Whipple pleads guilty instead of going to trial, he will very likely face life in prison rather than execution as the maximum sentence, and the wheels of justice will roll much faster than in a capital case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ELIZABETH SHELLEY, 5 YRS OLD - MISSING & PRESUMED DEAD, UTAH - by HairOfTheDog - 05-29-2019, 07:34 PM