Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAGHDADI (ISIS LEADER) CONFIRMED DEAD
(10-28-2019, 03:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 12:07 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 11:54 AM)Rootilda Wrote: Dubya didn't get the shoe thrown at him because of the announcement but because of his war crimes and an illegitimate war that killed thousands of Iraqi civilians.

"This is for the widows and orphans and all those killed in Iraq," Al-Zaidi shouted as he threw the second shoe.

For fuck's sake, do you really think an Iraqi would be unhappy about the US leaving after the mess we made over there?

the shoe throwing happened when he was announcing the withdrawal schedule. Many people in Iraq were either on the oppressor side of the argument or the liberator side of it. Today the people in Iraq love Trump who could have figured that? His picture is everywhere.

I remember that incident.  The shoe throwing wasn't in response to any withdrawal schedule though, as far as I recall.

The Iraqi journalist instead threw his shoes at Bush because he was incensed that Bush, who was leaving office in like a month, was claiming that the U.S. invasion of Iraq had been a great success and such.   

The journalist did not see it that way and got a lot of support from the people of Iraq for his shoe-throwing "farewell kiss" to George W. Bush.  On trial, the journalist cited all the rapes and killings of Iraqis during the occupation. 
I think he got 2 or 3 years behind bars.

He was lucky that he got to spend time behind bars.
Instead of him not winding up in a coffin, due to being shot by a secret service agent!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BAGHDADI (ISIS LEADER) CONFIRMED DEAD - by Carsman - 10-28-2019, 06:39 PM