Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(04-05-2013, 11:44 PM)Barbara Wrote: Martinez should ask LaViolette to read the secret notes Jodi wrote(while in prison trying to keep her stories/LIES straight) in the crease of the magazine while she was trying to get her fried to lie more for her....Does that seem like a battered woman? Maybe a CLEVER ABUSER.

I'm not sure if all of the journal entries that the media is displaying are entered into evidence, or if some were excluded because they were deemed too prejudicial to Arias (or not deemed of significance by the attorneys).

I don't know if Martinez would want to go there to prove that she tried to dupe police afterwards anyway. That's already been confessed and its significance in regards to Arias's credibility has been hammered home quite effectively by Martinez, imo. If he opens up the authenticity of the journals to the jury this late in the game, it might render all of the good points that he made about what Arias didn't document therein less powerful; he used those journals to make his points too. But, who knows? This trial is wild...

(04-05-2013, 11:44 PM)Barbara Wrote: Does anyone know what witnesses the Prosecution will be putting on the stand?

Martinez should be calling Dr. DeMarte, the clinical psychologist that he had examine Jodi. A related bit about her which I haven't seen followed-up on by the media:

(From Feb 9 2913) Just when the Jodi Arias trial couldn’t get any more scandalous, a key witness reported that her home was burglarized and her laptop was stolen.

Dr. Janeen Demarte is a clinical psychologist who evaluated Arias and she is expected to testify as an expert witness for the prosecution. According to a report by myfoxphoenix.com the stolen laptop contained key information in the case including a psychological profile of Arias.

Detectives are still trying to determine if the burglary is related to the high profile Jodi Arias case or if it is just a normal home burglary. The timing is definitely suspicious.

Demarte has not testified yet, but she is expected to be called as a rebuttal witness after the defense rests.

http://wildabouttrial.com/laptop-stolen-...ias-trial/

Here's a profile of Dr. DeMarte's specialties and approach:
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rm...ona_136525

Martinez mentioned Matt McCartney a lot during Jodi's cross and kept jabbing her about how "loyal" she thinks he is to her.

He might call McCartney as a rebuttal witness, but I think it’s more likely that he won't open up that can of worms; McCartney would probably be reluctant and unpredictable.

Imo, Martinez poked at Jodi about his loyalty to let her and the defense team know that "he (Martinez) knows" and tossed just enough out there for the jury to connect the dots without needing McCartney on the stand again. I think the jury likely figured out that Jodi attempted to tamper with McCartney's witness testimony, going so far as to use coded messages drafted behind bars.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM