Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Attack of the clones!
Human cloning has been used to produce early embryos marking a “significant step” for medicine say US scientists.

The cloned embryos were used as a source of stem cells which can make new heart muscle, bone, brain tissue or any other type of cell in the body.

The study published in the journal cell used methods like those that produced Dolly the sheep in the UK.

However researchers say other sources of stem cells may be easier, cheaper and less controversial.

So cloned human embryos aye or neigh?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I'd be all for it if I thought it would only be for creating embryos to help people but it won't stop there. Paging Dr. Frankenstein.

I wouldn't have my beloved dead pets cloned either.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'd say no.

If other sources of stem cells are easier, cheaper, and less controversial to procure why be a dick just to piss people off and waste scientific resources?
I'm not against using cloned human embryos if its going to save peoples lives but this sounds to me like a case of cloning human embryos for the sake of saying we can do it.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-15-2013, 02:44 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I'm not against using cloned human embryos if its going to save peoples lives but this sounds to me like a case of cloning human embryos for the sake of saying we can do it.

It seems like putting the cart before the horse. While stem cells show promise, as far as I know, they're still researching and trying to develop the therapies. Why figure out how to clone an embryo when you're not yet sure how to use the stem cells?

And yeah, if there are easier, less controversial ways, obviously go with those. Geez.
Commando Cunt Queen
I immediately think of children suffering from disease and illness and then I think of Andy Dick and Glenn Beck . . .
I think there are quite a few people out there who think cloning human embryos is the work of the debil himself.

You know, all those “life begins at conception” freaks.
Yeah . . . that's why the thought of cloned Andy Dicks and Glenn Becks gives me pause to jump on the bandwagon.
(05-15-2013, 03:12 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Yeah . . . that's why the thought of cloned Andy Dicks and Glenn Becks gives me pause to jump on the bandwagon.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with their work.
(05-15-2013, 03:17 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I'm afraid I am not familiar with their work.

Then you have proven there is a God and you are loved!
(05-15-2013, 03:08 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I think there are quite a few people out there who think cloning human embryos is the work of the debil himself.

You know, all those “life begins at conception” freaks.

Life DOES begin at conception. When do you think your daughters life began?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Life DOES begin at conception. When do you think your daughters life began?
[/quote]

No it doesn't, a zygote is no more “alive” than the contents of a tissue when I blow my nose.

My daughters life began in the womb when she looked vaguely human. But in the eyes of UK and US law it doesn't begin until about 22 weeks hence the abortion laws.

There, I'm glad we nipped that in the bud.
We will have to agree to disagree.
(05-15-2013, 03:46 PM)ramseycat Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree.

You disagree on when US law says life begins?

You rebel without a clue.
(05-15-2013, 03:17 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 03:12 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Yeah . . . that's why the thought of cloned Andy Dicks and Glenn Becks gives me pause to jump on the bandwagon.

How could you forget Glenn Beck? He was one of Dick's heroes!
Commando Cunt Queen
I disagree with you CN.
(05-15-2013, 04:06 PM)username Wrote:

Who is this dick of which you speak?

Was he the hick I used to wipe the floor with here on a daily sometimes hourly basis?
(05-15-2013, 04:13 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 04:06 PM)username Wrote:

Who is this dick of which you speak?

Was he the hick I used to wipe the floor with here on a daily sometimes hourly basis?

One and the same. He's also the idiot who took his bat and ball and went wee-wee-wee all the way home.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-15-2013, 04:13 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I disagree with you CN.

I respect your right to disagree even though it flies in the face of logic, science and the law.
(05-15-2013, 04:13 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I disagree with the law, CN.

FTFY.
Commando Cunt Queen