Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
chicken salad
I have about 4 lbs of boneless chicken what else do I need? Mayo, celery, paprika. Sally knows I just know it. I must cook this chicken by Tuesday because I unthawed it Friday. Help me Mockers........help me find the way please.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
http://www.food.com/recipe/chilled-chick...ika-160656
(05-20-2013, 10:50 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have about 4 lbs of boneless chicken what else do I need? Mayo, celery, paprika.

Don't forget the onion.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
All this friggin' shit I posted in my drunken stupor and you friggin' comment on the friggin' chicken salad? Well blow me down and call me a tooth pick!

Addit:

I might add, you run this joint but I come from Australia. Australia rocks. We kick ass or arse. I have deleted other stuff, don't get me started.
There you go Duch, nothing, just friggin stupid salad. I fuckin hate salad. Except on extreme exceptions when sour cream is involved and even then it has to be impressive. where are you?
(05-21-2013, 06:47 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: where are you?

I'm in my home office, it's a little after 7:00 AM on the East Coast.
Raining there too?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

No but quite overcast & seriously humid.
I'm in the Carolinas. I walked out the door of this hotel at 6am and broke into a sweat. The humidity here reminds me of Singapore.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

The humidity on the East Coast is always dreadful from May through September. It's not unusual for it to give us a heat index as high as 131.
(05-21-2013, 07:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-21-2013, 06:47 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: where are you?

I'm in my home office, it's a little after 7:00 AM on the East Coast.

I want a home office, mine is in the loungeroom to keep me warm. I wish I was rich.
Dice the cooled, cooked chicken (I like it in smaller pieces rather than big chunks, but chop it however you like it) add diced celery, onion, and fresh chopped dill if you have it. Mix the mayo with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and a dash of pepper. Mix that in with the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with paprika. Serve it on a croissant with a nice little fruit salad on the side and invite every old lady in your neighborhood over for lunch.
i can't see how this eloquates to elevated heating costs??????

I think I am quite legitimate in my question.

Don't you dare come up with a Tony Abbott response because I wont cop it.
(05-21-2013, 08:52 AM)sally Wrote: Dice the cooled, cooked chicken (I like it in smaller pieces rather than big chunks, but chop it however you like it) add diced celery, onion, and fresh chopped dill if you have it. Mix the mayo with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and a dash of pepper. Mix that in with the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle with paprika. Serve it on a croissant with a nice little fruit salad on the side and invite every old lady in your neighborhood over for lunch.

Yum. I wouldn't put them in a sandwich but I had a bowl of chicken salad the other day that had all of the above plus red grapes. I had a roll on the side. Nom-nom.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-21-2013, 08:08 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I wish I was rich.

I wouldn't exactly be opposed to it myself.
Gotta put celery into the chicken salad too. Here is another good recipe too. Speaking of cubed chicken, you can cube it and cook up a batch of it and then refreeze it.

Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes
1 ¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts. Cut up into cubes.
13 cup Buffalo wing sauce
6 cups frozen Southern style hash browns (thawed)
1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
½ cup shredded cheese
1 can condensed cream soup (any variety)
1/c cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter melted
¼ cup chopped green onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray
In medium bowl, stir together chicken and wing sauce.
In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing , cheese and soup. Spoon into baking dish. Place chicken over potatoes (can be mixed in)
In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle into baking dish.
Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20-25 minutes longer until potatoes are tender, and chicken is no longer pink.
*drool*

That's probably going to add a few inches to my hips but that sounds like some damn yummy comfort food.

I'll serve it with a salad with low fat dressing so it will be okay. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Commando Cunt Queen
I like chicken with diced apples, halved grapes, celery, and mayo. Maybe add some walnuts...yummy!!!
Kinda complicated sounds like it needs a few big words tossed in.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.