Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BELL PEPPERS

The Amish gave me a box filled with bell peppers, green, red and yellow. I'm going to make sausage & peppers and I know the traditional way of making stuffed peppers with burger & rice. Do you guys know of other uses for them?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I like them in a salad. Or just cut up and dipped on light ranch. You could put them in an omelette.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Make a batch of roasted peppers. Freeze them up in individual freezer bags. Great as a sandwich, or fried up with your sausage .
Never was a big fan of stuffed green bell pepper, to much green, little goes a long way. I do like the red and yellow stuffed though. I also like them in a salad, good taste and nice bit of color in the salad. They are also loaded with good stuff for you.
Good with a veggie tray too, maybe with a little Ranch and Vidalia onion dip.
You could make a mini jack o lantern out of one and freeze it for Halloween. That would be different.

I use any or all of those in a cold pasta salad with salami, cheese and whatever else you want to throw in there.
Commando Cunt Queen
Red roasted peppers are great in a big batch of marinara sauce.

I like the green ones stuffed and baked with Spanish rice and the yellows ones stuffed and baked with tuna (or sliced chicken) and cheese.

All of them are good to have sliced or diced up for salads, omelets, fajitas, stir fry...

Woooo. You guys are good! They are all great ideas. Thanks!
Steep a couple of tomatoes in boiling water. Remove the skins and chop.

Fry up some sliced smoked sausage with chopped peppers and onions. Add the chopped tomatoes, a little water, salt, pepper and paprika. Allow to cook and thicken a bit. Serve with fried eggs and Gnocchi.
Eat them raw like an apple.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-15-2013, 08:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: Eat them raw like an apple.

with salt.
(09-15-2013, 08:47 PM)Adub Wrote:

with salt.

Hey Emo! Where ya' been? Got any interesting cases you want to add to the crime forum?
Commando Cunt Queen

with salt.

Really? Never heard of that.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(09-15-2013, 09:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

with salt.

Really? Never heard of that.

The red and yellow ones are good that way
Do peppers give anyone else heartburn?

Ya'll are a bunch of assholes right about now!
I am a mutt, can eat just about anything no problem
I wish I was that lucky, Six. I love peppers but they give me terrible heartburn. Wahh!

When I first posted this thread yesterday I started looking for some ideas on my own, one that I found was roasting them, a variety of ways to do it was offered, it then went on to tell me to peel them and put them in olive oil, no particular kind was specified. Are olive oils created equally?
(09-15-2013, 10:10 PM)JsMom Wrote: Do peppers give anyone else heartburn?

Ya'll are a bunch of assholes right about now!

Only the ones with hair on them.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-16-2013, 07:40 AM)Duchess Wrote:

When I first posted this thread yesterday I started looking for some ideas on my own, one that I found was roasting them, a variety of ways to do it was offered, it then went on to tell me to peel them and put them in olive oil, no particular kind was specified. Are olive oils created equally?

Go for Extra Virgin Oil. Also, if you are going to freeze them, freeze them plain, without the oil. Put the oil in when you thaw them for use. Also, put a dash of Italian seasoning in, too.
(09-15-2013, 03:18 PM)username Wrote: You could make a mini jack o lantern out of one and freeze it for Halloween. That would be different.

That would be retarded. Who the hell makes jack o lanterns out of freaking bell peppers, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.