Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ABANDONED BABIES

Most states have laws stating to the effect of - you can leave your unwanted babies at churches, police stations, hospitals, etc and no charges will be filed. I like that law & agree with it, I think it protects the babies.

A girl in Alabama had her baby & left the hospital, now she's being looked for by the authorities. They want to charge her with child endangerment & something to do with drugs. Good going, Alabama, now you can find dead babies in the dumpster instead. Stupid bastards. Why couldn't they just have left it alone and been happy they had a live baby instead of a dead one. They are doing such a disservice.

It's for reasons like this that I think most people are too stupid to live.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I agree. What's the point of having the law if they are just going to charge the mother anyway?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Alabama is a fucking weird place, its still about 30 years behind the rest of the planet.
That pisses me off. That should be law in every damn state and it ought to be printed on billboards and included in fucking high school handouts as far as I'm concerned. In English, Spanish, Arabic and freaking Cantonese.

There are still people that live in states where the law exists who dump their kids in garbage bins (and some of them claim ignorance of the law). It boggles the mind...

I agree with Six.
Commando Cunt Queen
Alabama has Safe Haven laws.

As long as the hospital has an emergency room, it qualifies as a place where newborns under 72 hours old can be abandoned without the parents fearing prosecution for nonsupport, abandonment, or endangering the welfare of the child in the state of Alabama. Not sure that includes actual delivery of the baby in the hospital and testing positive for drugs though.

This story is weird; wonder if there's something more to it. Very odd that LE has released a photo to the media for a drug addict abandoning a newborn.

[Image: article-2426740-181E36A200000578-420_634x422.jpg]

Wonder if they fear the mother may not have left on her own accord or suspect that she's tied to something else.

Just eight hours after first arriving, the woman was caught on CCTV leaving the hospital without her baby, carrying a bag of clothing.

Authorities say she left with two unknown black males.

When she was admitted to the hospital, the woman said she was 22 and from Georgia but used a fake social security number.

'We're concerned about her as well,' Tuscaloosa Police Sgt Michael Chaisson told Tuscaloosanews.com. 'We want to talk to her and make sure that she's OK.'

In any event, whether there's more to it or not, I agree that this story being positioned as it is sends the wrong message to parents who are going to abandon their newborns, one way or another. Stupid.
Mudshark, Looongg line of bad decisions there
(09-22-2013, 01:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: This story is weird; wonder if there's something more to it.

It's about the bill.

Alabama may have a reputation as being backwards, but they're smart enough to know Obamacare ain't gonna cough up the bucks to cover this baby mama's spawn.
(09-23-2013, 02:40 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 01:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: This story is weird; wonder if there's something more to it.

It's about the bill.

Alabama may have a reputation as being backwards, but they're smart enough to know Obamacare ain't gonna cough up the bucks to cover this baby mama's spawn.

I'd be surprised if this mother has any money to cough up (though she's probably shot up or snorted her share). But, it's possible she or her family has means.

This is the other photo (from the lobby of the hotel where she was staying) that LE released to the media in hopes someone would spot her and call in her whereabouts. That subtle little chest tattoo might just make it a bit easier for someone to recognize her.

[Image: article-2426740-181E358000000578-896_634x429.jpg]