*pats back*

I was right. I feel vindicated in having a safety expert say that airport security in the United States is basically a sham. I tell people all the time that it's not safe to fly. Most that hear me say that think it's my fear of flying talking, it's not, I wasn't afraid to fly until I realized the people in charge couldn't keep me safe.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't know. I'd rather just fly and try not to worry about it. Otherwise I'd never go anywhere.

I know when we left from Hungary to Switzerland all flights coming from Hungary were subject to extra security checks because they failed a security test and allowed bomb material on a plane. I stood in line being checked for 3 fucking hours. It was the worst 3 hours of my goddamn life.
It may have even been 4 hours. All I know is it sucked ass. Right off the plane and straight to a never ending security check. No food, no coffee, no cigarettes, just pure fucking misery.
More people have died every year, for the last 500, falling off a horse than have died from flight related acts of terror..bar a few. 911 being the obvious and most recent.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I like the "trip", literally and figuratively.

I think maybe I'm strange. No, really.

Dying in a plane crash is at the top of my list of best ways to kick it. En-route on a long road trip would be good, too (by car, train, bus...all good).

Beats the hell outta getting smashed to smithereens by some drunken asshole on the 6 block drive home from the 7-11, or passing out and drowning in the bathtub, or falling down the stairs to the basement laundry room, or succumbing to disease or old age... IMO.

Enjoying the ride is almost more important than making it to the charted destination, for me.

(12-26-2013, 12:48 AM)crash Wrote: More people have died every year, for the last 500, falling off a horse than have died from flight related acts of terror..bar a few. 911 being the obvious and most recent.

Are horses muslims? Maybe they are sending a message.
(12-26-2013, 12:48 AM)crash Wrote: More people have died every year, for the last 500, falling off a horse than have died from flight related acts of terror..bar a few. 911 being the obvious and most recent.

That made me think of the last time my horse tossed me. It knocked me silly & I was wandering in circles in a field looking for my car.
(12-26-2013, 07:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:

That made me think of the last time my horse tossed me. It knocked me silly & I was wandering in circles in a field looking for my car.

I've done that many times after getting off a plane
(12-26-2013, 07:06 AM)Duchess Wrote: That made me think of the last time my horse tossed me. It knocked me silly & I was wandering in circles in a field looking for my car. [/i][/size]

Exactly.

I'd rather get a one engine plane from Timbuktoo to Moghadishu than on the back of a horse.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(12-26-2013, 01:24 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I'd rather get a one engine plane from Timbuktoo to Moghadishu than on the back of a horse.

That was an aberration and wouldn't have happened if he hadn't stepped on a yellow jacket nest. I had more to fear from a bee sting than I did from getting bucked off.
You are far more likely to die falling off a horse than you are to die of an act of terrorism on a plane I think is the point though. The media have got people afraid of boogeymen again.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Can you be afraid of horses, islamist extremists, Fox News employees all at the same time?

I mean, my mother was monitoring the remote control when I came from work today, she stumbled onto Fox News today and heard a guy in the middle of a rant. I tolerated it for about 3 minutes and said to Mum 'please turn it over, I would rather look at a black screen', being the Irish mother that she is, she obliged with a black screen.
Jesus Christ, do you know how easy it would be to slip some poison in to our water supplies or foods?

Crashing a plane seems like a lot of effort these days when there are so, so many ways to cause terror in the US.

I take a walk periodically around a local man made lake that supplies some of our drinking water. No security checkpoints there that I can see.

You're way more likely to die on the beltway, babe. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Commando Cunt Queen
If Al Qeada are watching username could be a good sounding board for new terror ideas!

As long as you promise not to stone her to death after she's outlived her usefulness.
(12-27-2013, 05:05 PM)username Wrote: You're way more likely to die on the beltway, babe. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Ha! I couldn't agree more!
Yeah fuck Al Qeada the rush hour traffic in Newcastle scares me a lot more!
Imagine surviving 2 plane crashes.

This young man from my area has been in 2 plane crashes...the first in 03 when his mom, sister and brother were killed, and the second in 2011 when his dad and stepmom were killed.

Jesus...I don't know how someone could go on after that, but he seems to be doing great. Bittersweet story.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/home/A...43541.html
Pretty unbelievable!

How does a person continue on?

I suppose if you're young enough it may be easier to overcome that kind of tragedy.

Nice to see Michigan honor their scholarship offer.
Yeah, if I was him I would be like Mr T from the A team from now on.

“I ain't getting on no plane fool!”
(01-10-2014, 06:59 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Yeah, if I was him I would be like Mr T from the A team from now on.

“I ain't getting on no plane fool!”

I'm shocked he got on a plane again after the first crash.