Would you name your child....
Came across this article about new baby names for 2013

Story

Last week the Social Security administration released its list of baby names for 2013. The media was filled with stories reporting on the most popular monikers at the top of the list: Sophia Emma and Olivia among the girls and Noah, Liam and Jacob among the boys.

A baby-naming website called Nameberry decided to tell a different story and look at the bottom of the list where the least popular names live. Among these you’ll find 1,400 brand-new baby names given for the very first time to five or more children in the United States.

“As you might imagine, most of these names are pretty far out on the ledge,” says Nameberry co-founder Pamela Redmond Satran. “There are lots of creative spellings of more conventional names: Finlea and Massyn, Elynne and Karsan. There are names from around the world freshly introduced to the US: Junhao and Mokshith and Motoki. … There are new word names and place-names and surname-names — Revelation and Tokyo and Thoreau. And there are even a couple of wonderful old names – Hypatia and Thisbe, Romilly and Calisto — revived for the modern world.”

But Satran says all of these names are rather ordinary compared to the list of unusual names Satran’s team pulled from the Social Security Administration. Below you’ll find a selection from Nameberry’s wackiest monikers. Some of these were given to five or fewer children, while, surprisingly, others were ranked much higher.

Girls

Vanellope, 63

Burklee, 10

Pistol, 9

Happiness, 8

Pemberley, 8

Envie, 7

Prim, 7

Rarity, 7

Avaa, 6

Charlemagne, 6

Kinzington, 6

Prezlee, 6

Ransom, 5

Rebelle, 5

Sierraleone, 5

Siqi, 5

Snowy, 5

Temprince, 5

Boys

Rydder, 10

Jceion, 10

Hatch, 8

Tuf, 8

Lloyal, 7

Psalms, 7

Xzaiden, 7

Charger, 6

Forever, 6

Kyndle, 6

Power, 6

Warrior, 6

Gospel, 5

Kaptain, 5

Subaru, 5

Vice, 5

I don't like any of those names. Smiley_emoticons_slash
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If I had to pick, I'd take Avaa. Boy or girl.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
They are all stupid. What happened to normal names like Michael or Jennifer?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I think I'd rename this thread: "What stripper name would you choose?"

I once had names in my head, I jotted them down, stuffed them in a bottle & threw it into the sea, then I went and got another horse.
My favorite boy name is Nicholas. That's my nephews name so I couldn't use it. Thing 1 is name after his father. Family tradition. Not my favorite name.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
What did you name the horse?
T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-trigger, of course! I wanna be a cowboy..

Sorry, couldn't help it.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-17-2014, 11:21 AM)crash Wrote: I wanna be a cowboy..

I could be your Indian.

At least for "one-hit".

I "wonder"?
(05-17-2014, 11:18 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: What did you name the horse?

He already had a name when I got him, he was another rescue. I was about to tell you but googled it first and there he was, the very first hit. I'll just say I called him punkin'. Smiley_emoticons_wink
He shall be known to me as "Lucky".

It is a fitting name, filled with fortune.

Mote it be.

That's so nice, Tiki. Smiley_emoticons_bussi
I would consider "Snowy" for a girl (assuming my baby daddy wasn't black -- that would just be cruel).

I would consider "Kaptain" for a boy (assuming my baby daddy's last name wasn't "Kangaroo", "Crunch", "Stubing", "Obvious", or "Kirk" -- that would just be cruel).
(05-17-2014, 12:12 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I would consider "Kaptain" for a boy (assuming my baby daddy's last name wasn't "Kangaroo", "Crunch", "Stubing", "Obvious", or "Kirk" -- that would just be cruel).

You might want to avoid any prospective baby daddys with the surname 'Sensible' too, unless you want to run the risk of your boy being labelled a one hit wonder..

(05-17-2014, 12:23 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 12:12 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I would consider "Kaptain" for a boy (assuming my baby daddy's last name wasn't "Kangaroo", "Crunch", "Stubing", "Obvious", or "Kirk" -- that would just be cruel).

You might want to avoid any prospective baby daddys with the surname 'Sensible' too, unless you want to run the risk of your boy being labelled a one hit wonder..

Ay, ay -- good point.

If I found Mr. Fantastic, that, sur, might just Hook me on the first name "Kaptain", though.

Otherwise, I might consider naming my boy "Tuf" (assuming my baby daddy's surname wasn't "Shit" or "Titty" or "Beans" -- that would just be cruel).

[Image: circles.jpg]
(05-17-2014, 12:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [quote='crash' pid='362030' dateline='1400343826']
If I found Mr. Fantastic, that, sur, might just Hook me on the first name "Kaptain", though.

hah sounds good. You might want to avoid suitors with the surname, Luck, also, or they might think you're slipping, Freund..
(05-17-2014, 01:06 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 12:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [quote='crash' pid='362030' dateline='1400343826']

hah sounds good. You might want to avoid suitors with the surname, Luck, also, or they might think you're slipping, Freund..

Damn, I probably am slipping -- totally spaced on "Luck" -- what kind of mother am I?!

That's it -- begrudgingly, I'm tossing "Kaptain" and "Tuf" and considering naming my boy "Vice" (assuming we don't live in Miami and my baby daddy's surname is not "Grip" -- that would just be cruel).

That's my final answer -- otherwise, Crash, together I fear that we could spend all day coming and coming (full circle).

[Image: circles.jpg]

I'm also giving up my quest to become Mock's perv-poster of the day; I know when I'm outmatched -- MS could definitely beat me with one hand tied behind my back. Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-17-2014, 02:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: MS could definitely beat me with one hand tied behind my back. Smiley_emoticons_fies

I think Six might just pip him at the post. Albeit with an antenna..
(05-17-2014, 05:35 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 02:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: MS could definitely beat me with one hand tied behind my back. Smiley_emoticons_fies

I think Six might just pip him at the post. Albeit with an antenna..

I don't even want to think about the pain that would be inflicted in such a scenario.

Not sure Six would ever recover.

P.s. I believe that Six would never really attempt such an act without consent.