Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would YOU want to live to be 100 or better?
It seems I have been reading a lot about more and more people living to be 100 or better. World's oldest guy just died at 111. The article I am linking here, is really titled "What kills people over 100."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/04/health/cen...pt=hp_bn13

My question to my fellow mockers is this . If you knew there was a way to live to be 100 or older, would you want to? Thinking of quality of life, cognition and all. As well as financial issues.

I am not sure I am looking forward to the potential of living to be that age. Especially of my brain and thought processes were mush.

I mean, I do not really want to die tomorrow. But the potential of out living friends and family. No. Not really.
It's funny but I was just discussing this with my financial advisor. I will have enough money to live comfortably until I'm 90. So that's it. I'm out at 90.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
^ Without ever working another day?

Wow.

Nice work (literally) Rams!
No, I do not want to live in this wicked world until the age of 100+
(06-09-2014, 09:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: ^ Without ever working another day?

Wow.

Nice work (literally) Rams!

That was factoring in going back to work by January. I do want to go back to work. But if I didn't, I'd still be ok. Not as comfortable as if I do though.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I'm only 47 and I've seen enough people die already. I don't want to live much past seeing my kids comfortable with their own family.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-09-2014, 10:27 PM)crash Wrote: I'm only 47 and I've seen enough people die already. I don't want to live much past seeing my kids comfortable with their own family.

BUT then you will have grandchildren - a whole new life will begin for you, and you will want to live to see them grow up and help them with their problems.
Yeah, crash. I agree with Teacher.

You should plan on sticking around for a bit longer.

I think you'd be a seriously good and fun grandfather.
Sure. Comfortable with their own family meant with their partners, kids, if it happens. Friends and pets if it doesn't. My kids are independant and busy, they're not clingy. I don't think they'll have the time or inclination to be changing a diaper on their 90 year old dad. I don't want to hang around in a nursing home for a visit on my birthday and Christmas. Fuck that.

I reckon I'm healthy enough to be active into my eighties. If I fell off the perch then, it'd be ok with me. Not that any of us get a choice, well only those that choose the early exit door, but fuck that too.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I saw senior citizens in Spain going to the bathrooms and coming out with big smiles, so I guess my limit will simply be when my heart reaches that stage when it conks out from a decent line or a night on E. I myself feel I have very little to say in that matter. If it manages to handle it at 100, well, most excellent.

I only want to live for as long as I can care for myself. It's one thing to shower with someone because it's fun, it's quite another to have someone washing my body because it's necessary. I know I probably won't be able to ride until the day I die but I have to be able to get outdoors, life wouldn't be worth living if I were confined in any way.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-10-2014, 05:26 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I only want to live for as long as I can care for myself.

This ^^^

I only want a man to view my body in a sexual way, not out of needing to bathe me or diaper me. It's difficult to even contemplate that and I really would rather be dead.
(06-10-2014, 12:56 AM)crash Wrote: Sure. Comfortable with their own family meant with their partners, kids, if it happens. Friends and pets if it doesn't. My kids are independant and busy, they're not clingy. I don't think they'll have the time or inclination to be changing a diaper on their 90 year old dad. I don't want to hang around in a nursing home for a visit on my birthday and Christmas. Fuck that.

I reckon I'm healthy enough to be active into my eighties. If I fell off the perch then, it'd be ok with me. Not that any of us get a choice, well only those that choose the early exit door, but fuck that too.

Yeah, not everyone wants to get married and make grandchildren and there are a lot of other things to love and enjoy as we get older.

Anyway, I don't worry about death at all -- always been ready whenever or however it happens.

A century seems too long to be kicking around, to me. Still, I guess if the joys in life were still exceeding the pains and I wasn't a burden on others, I'd wanna hang in there til I naturally stopped ticking. But, I don't have any objection to people of advanced age helping that natural process along when their minds are ready to go and the body's not cooperating. Slow, miserable, lingering death isn't something that I see as the "morally-correct" way to go for everyone.
(06-10-2014, 07:29 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I only want a man to view my body in a sexual way

[Image: startrek_zps33e089d6.gif]

Oh man - some of the shit I post. SMH.
Hell no, it's the reason everybody loves you Smiley_emoticons_smile
(06-14-2014, 04:10 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Hell no, it's the reason everybody loves you Smiley_emoticons_smile

That's so nice of you to say but I think they might have you fooled. Smiley_emoticons_bussi
(06-09-2014, 11:34 PM)Teacher Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 10:27 PM)crash Wrote: I'm only 47 and I've seen enough people die already. I don't want to live much past seeing my kids comfortable with their own family.

BUT then you will have grandchildren - a whole new life will begin for you, and you will want to live to see them grow up and help them with their problems.

Teach is right, grandchildren gives you a second chance to get to do it right the first time. Learning from the mistakes that you made when you originally screwed up with your own kids.

(It's good to live until whatever age you can get to while you still are living & viable. When you get to the age where you are only existing, not living/viable, then it's time to check out.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!