Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Grilling time.
My grill is still buried in the snow and as I was staring at it I could swear I smelled some T-bones potatoes, corn, chicken. Someone get me a shovel its almost lunch in Belgium!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

That sorta makes my mouth all drooly & stuff. I'm famished.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have always grilled year round, even when working in snowy parts of the country.
When I was up in Pittsburgh living at the Residence Inn they put the grills in the storage first sign of snow. I had them get one out for me and the other 2 guys from Texas.
You know what kind of room services you can get when you slide a plate of ribs across the front deck in mid december?
Laundry was delivered and hung up, phone messages delivered to my room...
So shovel it out Mag and get to grillin, fuck with your neighbors
I know! I forgot to drag it up this year. I need a new one anyways. hah
I grill year round as well. Anytime is a good time to grill.
I've been using the woodstove this year. My cast iron pans are my love joy.
(03-24-2015, 04:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: I've been using the woodstove this year. My cast iron pans are my love joy.
Nothing quite as nice as a well seasoned cast iron pan. Except maybe BBQ hah
I just recently got a pair of Lodge Steel pans, so far so good.
I grill all year long too, but this is florida. I have a grill built into my gas cook top that I use once in a while, but it's such a pain in the ass to clean. Plus I really prefer charcoal or wood over gas.
(03-24-2015, 05:59 PM)sally Wrote: I grill all year long too, but this is florida. I have a grill built into my gas cook top that I use once in a while, but it's such a pain in the ass to clean. Plus I really prefer charcoal or wood over gas.
A woman after my own heart.Blowing-kisses BTW, I tried your tandoori chicken recipe, but added my own spices to the yogurt. Good stuff!
(03-24-2015, 05:59 PM)sally Wrote: I grill all year long too, but this is florida. I have a grill built into my gas cook top that I use once in a while, but it's such a pain in the ass to clean. Plus I really prefer charcoal or wood over gas.

I prefer (my) gas. It may be smelly, but the charcoal breaks my teeth and the wood makes my toothy grill all splintery.
I'm not sure but I think Clang is on a sugar high and might even have overdosed on Twinkies.
(03-25-2015, 09:07 AM)Maggot Wrote: I'm not sure but I think Clang is on a sugar high and might even have overdosed on Twinkies.

Nah, too cold house plus too much work and not enough sleep the last few days.
I need a new grill but I think if I wait till September the prices will be better.

Absolutely. Much in the same way snow blowers are cheaper at the end of the season.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I grilled up some rib eyes, asparagus and baked potatoes last night.
I'm a little irritated. We had a BBQ yesterday. The day prior I put the chicken in one marinade and the ribs in another.

Bottom line, I didn't really give a fuck about the chicken but those ribs are a PITA to make but they're typically REALLY good. We used to have rib cook off's with some friends every year and those damn ribs won two years in a row. Anyway, my husband fucked up and I knew it right when he took them off the grill. I had slow-cooked them in the marinade for a few hours prior--his job was to finish them on the grill with the barbecue sauce I provided.

As soon as he brought them in I told him they weren't cooked right. He asked me "why". Dummy, because they're STUCK to the bone. 52 He served them anyway--waste of time. The chicken was better.

I'm going to have to take over the grill. I told him to put it on medium and just let them cook for awhile (at least 30-40 minutes). They were "done" [not] in about 10 so clearly he went hog wild on the ribs.
Commando Cunt Queen
Medium means you raise the grill 2 notches right?
(08-10-2015, 01:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: Medium means you raise the grill 2 notches right?

hah

I don't know. I've never used a BBQ (coal, propane or wood) in my life! I'm sure there's a way to get any BBQ to medium. If it were coal...wouldn't you just move the coals over or something?? Hellifiknow. I just know he fucked up my ribs.

Anyway, I just got him a new BBQ and the damn thing has at least 4 dials on it. I'm sure one has the equivalent of a "medium" on it.
Commando Cunt Queen
It seems that you qualify to cook on the grill then. Good luck and watch the hair.