Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Saturdays Boxing match
Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather

[Image: th?id=JN.SOX9FCJtvazR3IUfCYSUWA&pid=15.1]

Mayweather is bigger but is a dickhead Pacquiao is small and fast and is a decent guy.

I'm rooting for Manny. Anyone else?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Way back in the day when I lived in an apartment that gave me free HBO, I enjoyed watching both of these guys fight.

No dog in the hunt, but I think Mayweather wins.
Manny.
Duchess is just waiting for me to jinx one of them.

I'm thinking one name but won't say it loud.
(04-29-2015, 05:35 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Duchess is just waiting for me to jinx one of them.

I'm thinking one name but won't say it loud.
Manny can't lose. Here's why:
(04-29-2015, 05:35 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Duchess is just waiting for me to jinx one of them.

Go ahead, honey. My high flyin' Philadelphia Eagles is the only name I don't want on your lips.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Are? Is? Omg, I'm having a senior moment.
Hopefully the fight can be as good as the Ward - Gatti matches. I was lucky enough to watch the first one in the free HBO apartment.

I know nothing about boxing other than what I learned in the few kickboxing classes I took. I know there are often females in the audience but I don't find 2 guys beating the crap out of each other entertaining.
Boxing is a sport and takes years to become somewhat good at. There are rules and its not at all like a UFC fight. Bruce lee had quite a bit of respect for the art.
(04-30-2015, 05:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I know nothing about boxing other than what I learned in the few kickboxing classes I took. I know there are often females in the audience but I don't find 2 guys beating the crap out of each other entertaining.
I think if you watched it more, you'd enjoy it more. The big deal about this fight is that Mayweather has a great defense and Manny a wicked offense. There's strategy involved, so it's really much more than 2 guys beating the crap out of eachother. The only thing that ruins boxing for me is the fixed fights. I've seen several fights where there was a clear winner and the loser was awarded the fight. That shit sucks. Generally the bigger fights like this one are fairly called, but there's always exceptions.
(04-30-2015, 05:55 AM)Duchess Wrote: I don't find 2 guys beating the crap out of each other entertaining.
Me neither, unless its a boxing videogame like Fight Night or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
I never really watched boxing (aside from some Ali fights on Wide World of Sports in the 70's, maybe a Leonard-Hagler or Leonard-Duran fight or two), but when I did for that period of time I really came to appreciate it as a sport. I saw there was strategy, finesse, and a lot more to it than two strong guys punching until one fell down.

I don't watch it regularly, but when two talented boxers go at it it's something to see.
The purse is a 6040 split with Manny getting the smaller portion. I'm beginning to wonder if Mayweather will even show up.
It's being reported that Mayweather may post his good friend (rap mogul) Suge Knight's $10 million bail if he wins the fight tomorrow. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

Suge Knight is a murderous POS and has been for years.

I like Flloyd alright, but I'm rooting for Manny.
I hope Manny knocks Mayweather spark out but I'm not sure he can penetrate Mayweathers defence or has the punching power to stop him.

But, come on Manny! Knock the cocky tosspot out!
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Yeah, the Suge Knight thing pushed me over the side too. I hope Manny knocks him on his ass for 10.
I was listening to Mike & Mike on he way in this morning.

Appears as though just about everybody wants Manny to win but very few experts expect him to.

I've made my pick - Manny Pacquiao.

That other guy is just too fricken crass & uncouth. I just saw a picture of him laying in bed surrounded by gobs of cash. It turned me off. It always turns me off when I see & hear people flaunt their wealth. It indicates zero class and just goes to show you can't buy it, no matter how much money you have. Class isn't for sale.
My husband is a cheap SOB. He is going to wait until next week, when HBO will re air it.