Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA 2015 FINALS
The Golden State Warriors are in!!! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

Stephen Curry and the Warriors will be battling it out for the championship against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
[Image: EventPromo1.jpg]

The Warriors haven't won a championship since 1975 and the Cavaliers, founded in 1970, have never won the league title. Should be a fun match up.

Here's the game schedule:
Game 1: - Thu. June 4, Cleveland at Golden State, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 2: Sun. June 7, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 3: Tue. June 9, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 4: Thu. June 11, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 5 *: Sun, June 14, Cleveland at Golden State, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 6 *: Tue, June 16, Golden State at Cleveland, 9 p.m. ETM, ABC
Game 7 *: Fri, June 19, Cleveland at Golden State, 9 p.m. ET, ABC

So, MS and other basketball fans, got any predictions?
Cavs have a lot of injuries but you can't ever count the King out. I'm tipping my hat to the Warriors.
Steph Curry has defied all the odds and become the MVP in a league defined by size and strength.

At 6'2", and about 170lbs, Curry will not be posting anybody up or soaring to the rim and taking the punishment like Russell Westbrook.

What he does bring is the league's quickest release on his shot, way above average ball-handling and court vision like Stockton and Magic.

I'm pulling for the Warriors, but I believe the King and his Court win this thing in 6.
I think The Warriors' offense is gonna be tough for The Cavs to beat and The Cavs' injuries are gonna wear them thin. That's what I hope anyway.

But, LeBron is almost a team in himself. I agree Gunnar and MS.

I read an interview with Bill Lambier today. In his view, LeBron is the ultimate NBA player whose talents and versality exceed those of Michael Jordan. Lambier said he'd choose to have LeBron on his team over Jordan, no question. http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/37...ver-jordan
I have to disagree with Lambier.

I know he played, and I'm just an amateur, but I've never seen anyone as competitive as MJ.

Ever.

He may not have the physical stature of LeBron, but he was a better player than LeBron IMO.

I'm not a LeBron hater either. I actually like him and think he's a pretty decent guy, especially when you consider he's been in the public eye since he was 14.

LBJ had to team up with D. Wade and Chris Bosh before he got his first title, and while MJ had Pippen as his sidekick, he still did more with less. Again, my opinion.
(05-28-2015, 05:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think The Warriors' offense is gonna be tough for The Cavs to beat and The Cavs' injuries are gonna wear them thin. That's what I hope anyway.

But, LeBron is almost a team in himself. I agree Gunnar and MS.

I read an interview with Bill Lambier today. In his view, LeBron is the ultimate NBA player whose talents and versality exceed those of Michael Jordan. Lambier said he'd choose to have LeBron on his team over Jordan, no question. http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/37...ver-jordan
I really wish people would stop trying to compare the two. It's a rediculous comparison. The game has evolved so much since Jordan played that it's really apples and oranges. Look at how dated Jackson's game plans are if you're seeking validation of my claim. That's the game plan the Bulls thrived on. Today it's completely uneffective.
I think there are players who transcend comparison. There is no other player like Jordan, or Bird, or Magic. And there will be no one again like LeBron.

As far as this set is concerned, it's kinda hard to root against either team since neither was supposed to be there. You got LeBron the prodigal son coming home, and if he wraps up a season with a championship that wasn't supposed to happen then his legend gets tagged with the "of all time" suffix whenever he gets mentioned.

But the Warriors are the scrappy little "Rudy" team, and I dig Steph Curry just for bringing his little daughter up for the interviews and pissing off all those sportswriters. That dude has his priorities in order. Fuck the finals, this is my little baby girl.

I think I wanna see James win one more just because even if they lose the warriors are still a young team and they're in California, so they already win at life. For Cleveland, this win is everything. It's all they have.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I think it's senseless to compare players from different eras too. Too many factors. It's kinda fun though.

One of my favorite players of all time to watch was Dr. J.

[Image: Julius_Erving.jpg]

He's the first basketball player I remember watching when I was little. That big fro bouncing down the ABA court in the red, white, and blue Nets uniform and his moves were magic to watch and got me hooked on the game.

I still love Dr. J. I can't say if LeBron is better; they're different.
(05-28-2015, 05:55 PM)Donovan Wrote: the warriors are still a young team and they're in California, so they already win at life.

Yeah, but they're in Oakland, California. So... Smiley_emoticons_wink
(05-28-2015, 05:55 PM)Donovan Wrote: I think there are players who transcend comparison. There is no other player like Jordan, or Bird, or Magic. And there will be no one again like LeBron.

As far as this set is concerned, it's kinda hard to root against either team since neither was supposed to be there. You got LeBron the prodigal son coming home, and if he wraps up a season with a championship that wasn't supposed to happen then his legend gets tagged with the "of all time" suffix whenever he gets mentioned.

But the Warriors are the scrappy little "Rudy" team, and I dig Steph Curry just for bringing his little daughter up for the interviews and pissing off all those sportswriters. That dude has his priorities in order. Fuck the finals, this is my little baby girl.

I think I wanna see James win one more just because even if they lose the warriors are still a young team and they're in California, so they already win at life. For Cleveland, this win is everything. It's all they have.
This won't be Kings last year.
(05-28-2015, 06:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think it's senseless to compare players from different eras too. Too many factors. It's kinda fun though.

One of my favorite players of all time to watch was Dr. J.

[Image: Julius_Erving.jpg]

He's the first basketball player I remember watching when I was little. That big fro bouncing down the ABA court in the red, white, and blue Nets uniform and his moves were magic to watch and got me hooked on the game.

I still love Dr. J. I can't say if LeBron is better; they're different.
The Dr. was one of my faves too. As well as "The Round Mound of Rebound" Sir Charles.
(05-28-2015, 06:48 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 05:55 PM)Donovan Wrote: I think there are players who transcend comparison. There is no other player like Jordan, or Bird, or Magic. And there will be no one again like LeBron.

No, but this will be the last time nobody expects his team to win. After this year they'll unload the coach and build a better team around LBJ and it will be HIS team.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Knowing next to nothing about NBA hoops, I'll say the Cavs take it.

Fuck Oakland.
Thanks for your valuable insight Cutz.

Now, beat it asshole! 16
I don't like Lebron. He's a dick. I saw him do an interview a few weeks ago and he said he likes away games better then home games. His reason is the fans. Because they all come to see him. And he acted like he was bored or too good to spare a few minutes for an interview.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I don't know where some of you have gotten the impression that Cleveland wasn't a pre-season favorite to win the title this year?

LeBron, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. The new Big 3. Any team with LeBron is automatically in the coversation to win the title.

On the other hand, prior to the season, NOBODY was talking about the Warriors as potential champs.

Hell, even as the season was winding down, and GS had secured the best record in the West (by 10 games), no one thought they'd get through the West and into the Finals.

Just catching some folks up to speed.
(05-28-2015, 08:37 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 06:48 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

No, but this will be the last time nobody expects his team to win. After this year they'll unload the coach and build a better team around LBJ and it will be HIS team.
A win is a win. All of the "who expects" and speculation about the future is media hype which I'm sure King is quite accustomed to by now.
(05-29-2015, 09:22 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: On the other hand, prior to the season, NOBODY was talking about the Warriors as potential champs.

Hey now, you just called me and my friend NOBODIES!

Prior to the start of every season for the last several years, we've talked about the Warriors finally taking the league title.

Of course, for the last few years, my nephew and I have been talking the same talk about the Clippers. Smiley_emoticons_smile

(However, neither my mom nor I talked that talk in regards to the Lakers this season, so we're not totally delusional.)
GS had a remarkable season.

67 wins playing in the West was unbelievable.

I really am hoping that they can beat the Cavs. If they concede LeBron his 30 every night and can contain Irving and the 3 point shooters they will win. If JR Smith, Shumpert, Jones and others are raining 3's while LBJ and Kyrie are going off, they'll lose.

I am impressed that you are a brilliant NBA mind HotD.

Edit: HotD, don't know if you noticed that my club won the lottery for this year's #1 overall pick. Who do you think the Wolves should take, Jahlil Okafor or Karl-Anthony Towns?
(05-29-2015, 02:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 09:22 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: On the other hand, prior to the season, NOBODY was talking about the Warriors as potential champs.

Hey now, you just called me and my friend NOBODIES!

Prior to the start of every season for the last several years, we've talked about the Warriors finally taking the league title.

Of course, for the last few years, my nephew and I have been talking the same talk about the Clippers. Smiley_emoticons_smile

(However, neither my mom nor I talked that talk in regards to the Lakers this season, so we're not totally delusional.)
I had you pegged as a Clippers fan. You know... Cuz they protesthah