Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DO IT ALREADY, MS

Get your kids their dog. Just break down and do it. You won't be sorry, I promise. Once they are out of school for the Summer would be a most excellent time. C'mon, man.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Love3 Please.
They are at the perfect ages.

Yeah...and. C'mon. Be agreeable. What are you waiting for?
I'd say a female German Shepard. I've had dogs all my life and german shepards are the easiest to train and of course they make good guard dogs. The reason I say female is because females are just better and cleaner. Even in the animal world.
I'll bring it up with my wife again.
I'd recommend what we have... female old english sheepdog. She is the sweetest thing, and they don't shed. We keep her trimmed so we don't have to deal with the grooming, and she's much cooler that way.

[Image: traceyEdwardsOESPuppy-8weeksR.jpg]

Pick one!
I like that they don't shed. Dog hair all over your house is a pain in the ass unless you're a slob and don't care.
I love German Shepherds, but the hair makes them a no-go for me.

I resisted the Old English too, then found out they don't shed and was all in. It's remarkable how much hair they have and none of it ends up around the house. Incredibly sweet disposition too... if someone broke into the house she'd hold the flashlight for them, but oh well.
Maybe that will be my next dog when these two assholes go. I love them, but what a pain in the ass. The Newf is a mess even when I have him shaved and the basset hound sheds too and likes to mark on everything outside. I have to spray down the patio everyday or it smells like piss.

Or better yet I'll just get a turtle.
(06-03-2015, 05:19 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I love German Shepherds, but the hair makes them a no-go for me.

I resisted the Old English too, then found out they don't shed and was all in. It's remarkable how much hair they have and none of it ends up around the house. Incredibly sweet disposition too... if someone broke into the house she'd hold the flashlight for them, but oh well.

Yeah, I have a Golden Retriever, and he sheds like mad. We try to keep him brushed and replace our air filters regularly (along with weekly dusting/vacuuming) to try to keep the hair at a min tho. Know what you mean about sweet. If robbers broke in, he'd become best friends and leave with them, especially if they stole any cheese or PB along their larceny.
Have had a line of Shepherds. No problem with the shedding. They've always lived outside where normal fucking people keep their dogs.
(06-03-2015, 06:17 PM)crash Wrote: Have had a line of Shepherds. No problem with the shedding. They've always lived outside where normal fucking people keep their dogs.

Dogs are indoor animals here. Pets.
Well I guess if you're stupid enough to live somewhere where outside resembles Antarctica for six months of the year, you have to take these things into consideration. But like I said, normal people..
(06-03-2015, 06:21 PM)crash Wrote: Well I guess if you're stupid enough to live somewhere where outside resembles Antarctica for six months of the year, you have to take these things into consideration. But like I said, normal people..

By 'here' I meant the entire U S of A.
Oh, ok. Nobody stateside keeps a 'pet' outside? Got it.
(06-03-2015, 06:26 PM)crash Wrote: Oh, ok. Nobody stateside keeps a 'pet' outside? Got it.

They go out to poop and pee, but, for the most part, they come in for dinner and definitely sleep indoors.
Why is my kid bugging me about a dog now, he has a bed and a freaking stick to throw. His mother wants a yappy dog I want a shelter dog. MS just get a stupid dog and give in, you need to just find a patsy that agrees to take care of it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm building an awning with ceiling fans to keep my dogs outdoors for now on. Once in a while it dips down in the teens here or we have a really bad thunder storm where I'd bring them inside, but for the most part I'd just like to keep those dirty bastards outside.
(06-03-2015, 06:26 PM)crash Wrote: Oh, ok. Nobody stateside keeps a 'pet' outside? Got it.

Only if you're a nigger, white trash or you're a breeder and have a kennel. Most everyone else keeps their dogs inside.

I'm not doing it anymore though. When we were in Hungary it was unheard of to have an inside dog unless they're a little rat dog, and even then they mostly stay outside.