Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Fish soup sounds disgusting.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-07-2015, 03:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Fish soup is disgusting.

Fixed
Well except for clam chowder, or a mexican style soup with prawns or seafood. OR Pho. But alas, most of those are seafood, and not just "Fish Soup"
Where did you see it? In a cookbook or on a menu somewhere?

I was looking at recipes & saw it. I like fish but I've never had it in soup and I think the thought of fish tacos is gross too.
You have to use the right kind of fish and seasoning for fish tacos. It is usally a white fish.
(06-07-2015, 04:56 PM)Love Child Wrote: You have to use the right kind of fish and seasoning for fish tacos. It is usally a white fish.

You cook? Yay! Will you marry me? Love025

Fish Tacos are great and happen to be one of my specialties.
You can use a lot of different fish: King, Spanish Mac, Dolphin, Wahoo, Grouper, Snapper...
Those are all white meat fish and are good grilled or fried.
Add in the regulars: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avacado, Jalpeno, any kind of salsa. Mt Mango Salsa goes well on them.
As to fish soup I have had several kinds, most are pretty good. The Seafood Soups are good too.
I like fish and have a pretty wide taste, but thats just me.
Hungarian fish soup is pretty good. The broth, not the actual fish. They mainly use carp over there which is pretty fucking nasty, but the broth is delicious made with a mixture of peppers, tomatoes and paprika. The one time I had it I drank all the broth and left the fish at the bottom of the bowl.
(06-07-2015, 05:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 04:56 PM)Love Child Wrote: You have to use the right kind of fish and seasoning for fish tacos. It is usally a white fish.

You cook? Yay! Will you marry me? Love025

Awwww cute!
I don't like stirring the pot and a fish head surfaces its creepy but I like the taste.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

A head in the soup. Great, just great.
(06-08-2015, 09:54 AM)Maggot Wrote: I don't like stirring the pot and a fish head surfaces its creepy but I like the taste.

Oh HAYELL no.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(06-08-2015, 10:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do not want my food looking back at me.
(06-08-2015, 10:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpUVAcvWfU
I like trout and always served it with head on; traditionally, that is how it was served in a restaurant. I don't think they do that today, If I am lucky enough to find decent trout here in AZ, I chop that head right off.

I like fish enchiladas, and lobster and shrimp bisque which is just like a soup, only thicker base....Isn't it paella, a Spanish fish dish, which has a variety of seafood?
The best fish I ever had was trout in a restaurant in Colorado. They pan fried it, served with the head on and took the bones out tableside. It was so good, I can't get trout like that here.
(06-08-2015, 05:23 PM)sally Wrote: The best fish I ever had was trout in a restaurant in Colorado. They pan fried it, served with the head on and took the bones out tableside. It was so good, I can't get trout like that here.

Well, of course, Colorado, is known for their trout....have you had the red trout? I pan fry my trout with dusting of flour in butter/oil, with almonds.....you can easily remove main bones from two sides of fish. It is much more appetizing now since i have been cutting off head....
(06-07-2015, 05:18 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Fish Tacos are great and happen to be one of my specialties.
You can use a lot of different fish: King, Spanish Mac, Dolphin, Wahoo, Grouper, Snapper...
Add in the regulars: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avacado, Jalpeno, any kind of salsa. Mt Mango Salsa goes well on them.

70 Fish tacos are one of my favorites; yours sound delicious (if I wasn't eating healthy).

I like them really simple most of the time -- grilled Talapia (or any white fish, really), a squeeze of lemon, a pinch of cheese, and some very hot sauce in a soft corn tortilla. Shrimp tacos are great too.

(I like fruit and corn, but can't stand either in salsa for some reason.)
(06-07-2015, 05:18 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Fish Tacos are great and happen to be one of my specialties.
As to fish soup I have had several kinds, most are pretty good. The Seafood Soups are good too.
I like fish and have a pretty wide taste, but thats just me.
Fish tacos are supposed to be served with cabbage, not lettuce. And I love me some fish soup. Especially those with a tomato base.

I love French toast, nom nom nom, but I only eat it on special days. I'm sorry I'm thinking about it.