Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cop pulls gun on teenagers
A Texas police officer who drew his gun on unarmed teenagers while responding to a disturbance at a pool and threw a bikini-clad teen girl to the ground has been placed on administrative leave, officials said Sunday.

link

Another view by a black guy that was there.

Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! MediaTakeout.com posts a story showing only 7 minutes of a 30 minute ordeal, makes it racial and all the activist come a running. Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all. A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issuses that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.

link

What really is the truth or is the media jury out already?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
When will it every end, never!

A hot head cop, trying to control a hot head crowd! Dangerous!!!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(06-08-2015, 03:01 PM)Carsman Wrote: When will it every end, never!

A hot head cop, trying to control a hot head crowd! Dangerous!!!

I agree.....Somewhere along the line in my dealings with young people (who make every event in life a crisis), I learned to defuse a situation. You have to have the art of negotiation. Some of these rogue cops should never have been put in a uniform, let alone given a firearm. Just like in the general population, there are some real sickos who walk among us.

I don't know the details in this situation, but again, the cop loses control and acts on emotion and anger, unable to control his own feelings and is completely useless in this situation. Start training these officers, learn how to defuse a volatile situation, not incite, learn how to deal with mental illness, learn to tell the difference between a pencil and a gun. If there were more training, we wouldn't need 5 to 10 cops to take down one teenager with a "toy" gun. Lastly. learn how to aim for a non fatal injury, i.e, arm, leg, etc. Even a tranquilizer dart would be better than a fatal shot into an innocent person.

I think the body cams are here to stay. Back in the late 90's, I had a blow-out on I-70 from Denver to Kansas...and Highway Patrolman ended up putting my spare on my car. I had bottle of wine (it was Christmas holidays) and other goodies in my car and I offered him a bottle of wine. He said he couldn't accept it from my hand, but I could put it in his vehicle so I did. I was always curious as to whether he had camera in his patrol car at the time....guess not....although they were in use at the time.
I don't understand why everybody is so upset about his. Clearly the guy is dealing with one of the most dangerous encounters known to mankind. A black teenage girl in a .... bikini!!

Anybody who has ever faced Jaws while on his periods knows what I'm talking about!!
(06-08-2015, 01:23 PM)Maggot Wrote: Another view by a black guy that was there.

I saw a black guy talking about this last night and I think it was the guy you refer to. I also saw a white woman speaking about it too. They were both there and they both have wildly different accounts of what went down and it's as many would expect. The black says he saw it all go down and the cop overreacted, the white woman says just the opposite, she was there, saw it all go down and the cop was justified.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Ooops. Posted again Smiley_emoticons_smile
That cop lost his cool. You can see how calm the other officer is by comparison, and the cop even says so himself - he was running around chasing people and it got him too worked up. Then the black girl was disrespecting him hardcore and he lost it. He doubled down to try to maintain the authority in the situation. I'm sure he's sorry for how he overreacted, but it's probably got nothing to do with training or being a rogue cop or anything. No matter how many times you seminar on de-escalation techniques, until you're pushed to your limit and you're in the moment, all that adrenaline pumping through ya, you don't even realize you're becoming part of the problem.

Some thugs fighting and destroying property doesn't warrant pulling a gun unless someone's life is threatened. However, I don't see why it's got anything to do with race. Teenagers regardless of race are assholes. I've been that cop before in similar situations, and 50% of the time it was with an asshole white kid as much as an asshole black kid. Truthfully that's pretty good odds considering the school was 80% black. Maybe I'm racist against white kids.
The cop who got suspended is unintentionally hilarious! I'm still laughing at John Stewart's mocking of his cartoonish overreactions.

I don't know if whoever called the cops was motivated by race and assumed the black kids didn't have passes or what.

But, I don't want a cop with such terrible judgment patrolling any community.

hah That was so good. I love Jon's take on pretty much everything.
As a trans-racial member of the Mock community, I feel Jon Stewart's incessant pandering is not keepin it 100.
I hear ya Cutz.

Those newsies who tune into Comedy Central in order to get the straight dope from a comedian could be misled by Stewart's biased mockery (and would probably be wise to tune into Bill Maher on HBO instead).

Seriously, that cop's reactions are hilarious to me, regardless of the context in which they're presented. The totally unnecessary out-of-the-blue ground roll cracks me up. But, screaming down at the bikini-clad chick, "GET YOUR ASS ON THE GROUND, NOW!!" while her ass was firmly planted on the ground is even funnier.
Jon Stewart latches on to whatever is the flavor of the moment and turns it into a comedy skit. That's OK, as every late night host does the same.
Soon the police will not take on any offense done with blacks involved. Maybe they should just surround the place and let them have their way, letting them do what they want as long as its only property damage.
The truth will come out but it will only after the dust has settled and its not in the spot light, as some new flavor of the day will surely come along.
Not sure what the real truth is on this one.
Yes, the ground roll was a nice touch.

When I watched it the first time I actually scrubbed back to make sure I had seen what I thought I saw.
Some cops train and train until they are just bursting to use their mad skills. Other ones eat all day and don't give tickets in the rain.
(06-09-2015, 11:19 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Yes, the ground roll was a nice touch.

When I watched it the first time I actually scrubbed back to make sure I had seen what I thought I saw.

A modern day Barney Fife is what he seems like, to me. Armed and ready for action, even if he has to create the action.

Except that Barney wasn't dangerous because Sheriff Andy knew better than to let the twitchy dude have bullets in his revolver.
The bullet may have been in his other uniform that is now in the dryer of the nearest speedy clean.

People should be scared shitless that we've got frightened cops patrolling the streets.
They match the frightened criminals. When a cop gets killed for a traffic stop by some nutcase and rioting commences maybe equality will reign. But until then they are in the crosshairs. The world of Barney Fife is dead and gone.

I'm so glad I live in a rural area where everyone knows your name. We don't have the kind of crime here like that I read about in the crime forum.
Tell me about it, I'm not worried about the crazy crap that goes down in some places. People in the high population areas have a higher degree of diversification and that includes the whack jobs.