Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SELFIES & ETIQUETTE

The title sounds so old fashioned & behind the times, maybe I am but I was moved to talk about this after seeing a couple of pictures of people using a selfie stick to take pix on the Tunisian beach where so many tourists were just murdered. I'm kinda horrified by it. I think I'd probably be horrified by people smiling & posing in front of a gas chamber too.

Would you do this ^^^^^^^?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
People are stupid and rude, especially american tourists.
They do stupid shit like get their "Selfie Stick" in places where it has no business being, causing damage, injuries and being a general pain in the ass. In general I see people doing stupid rude shit all the time, talking loud on the cell phone is one of my favs. Use your inside voice you stupid fuck, they got these things inside phones called "Amplifiers" you do not need to yap so fucking loud on them.
Taking selfie shots at the gas chambers, at horrendous accidents, all that shit is rude and un-needed.
Disney Land and a bunch of places are outlawing the damn things, good, that way I will not be tempted to shove one up the ass of that moron from Acron at the beach
(06-28-2015, 06:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: They do stupid shit like get their "Selfie Stick" in places where it has no business being, causing damage, injuries and being a general pain in the ass.

hah

Next time I see someone with a selfie stick I'll be sure to stay clear.
[Image: tunisia-sousse-sel_3356695b.jpg]

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a selfie stick.

It's absolutely terrible that 38 European tourists were mowed down by a young Tunisian man as they lounged on the beach. I'm glad the killer was caught right away. It was only a couple of months ago that 21 European tourists were killed at the Tunisian museum by another young dude apparently lured by Islamic Fundamentalists. So, now there are more armed guards at the museum and at the beach resort.

I read that several of the other tourists at the beach resort stayed to complete their vacation plans. Para-sailing resumed and some of the tourists, like the British man in that selfie, were taking pictures of the scene the next day, after the bodies were removed. I could see how all of that might be considered tasteless.

I wouldn't take a selfie. But, I might take a pic of the spot. I don't know what I'd do before I got the hell out of there. Drinks would be a definite though.
He doesn't look British.
There are a lot of Muslims in London and other parts of England.

The guy with the camera on a stick is actually a Labour parliamentary candidate, Amran Hussain.
(06-28-2015, 10:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: There are a lot of Muslims in London and other parts of England.

Yep, everywhere else too. I don't much feel safe traveling outside the states at the moment.
(06-28-2015, 10:29 PM)sally Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 10:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: There are a lot of Muslims in London and other parts of England.
Yep, everywhere else too. I don't much feel safe traveling outside the states at the moment.

It's dangerous alright.

You could just be strolling along minding your own business when BAM, without warning, one of them busts out a dreaded selfie stick.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to most of Europe if I had the chance, but Tunisia wouldn't be on my list of vacation destinations at the moment.

I agree with documenting people, places and things, it's the smiling & posing that bothers me. It just seems so freakin' crass.
They should be naked.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Sort of Maggot, here you go!

[Image: mom_selfies_from_some_of_the_worst_moms_ever_640_07.jpg]

[Image: bad_parenting_49.jpg]

[Image: bad-mother-selfies-9.jpg]

[Image: bad-mother-selfies-33.jpg]

[Image: bad-mother-selfies-4.jpg]

[Image: bad-mother-selfies-11.jpg]

Dear God
(06-28-2015, 06:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: People are stupid and rude, especially american tourists.
They do stupid shit like get their "Selfie Stick" in places where it has no business being ....

Trust me mate, you haven't seen the Chinese or Koreans yet!! It's absolutely hilarious and ridiculous at the same time!! Never seen anything like it really. You even get guys acting like they are taking selfies of themselves but you can see on their screen it's some chick in a bikini down the line.
(06-28-2015, 10:29 PM)sally Wrote: Yep, everywhere else too. I don't much feel safe traveling outside the states at the moment.

Oh come on, try Yemen. You can be assured I'll make you feel .... safe Smiley_emoticons_smile
(06-30-2015, 11:30 AM)Jimbone Wrote: [Image: bad-mother-selfies-11.jpg]

Hey, she has a cute ass and at least we know she puts out..

Win/win

I don't have a problem with this kid taking a selfie on top of the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd just like to point out the fact he was able to climb it given all US cities are under high alert right now and the Brooklyn Bridge is one of the landmarks that's supposed to be under the watchful eye of security. 78

[Image: extralarge.jpg]
I can't take a decent selfie to save my life.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

You're not alone. I delete most of mine. I don't like my picture taken by others either.
Me either.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Get a selfie stick ladies.

You'll be impressed.