THE PRICE YOU PAY

This was inspired by seeing User say how much she paid for those cherries. I saw a couple other people say what they pay and the difference is huge! I once saw her say she paid thirty bucks for 4 porkchops and I said a mental holy fuck.

I'm interested in the price difference of things across the country. For example, I think I pay around fours bucks for a gallon of milk. Is that similar to what you pay?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Just asked the OL and she said it all depends on the brand and %. 1% off brand goes for 2.65 . The good stuff can cost up to 5 bucks a gallon.
It's $1.99 right now, but it's on sale. Normally $2.99/gal
Not just milk and chops prices, have you seen the price of EGGS lately, today, just paid $5 for a dozen Egg Lands Best Jumbos!

And it has been said the price eventually may reach $8 dozen, due to hundreds of thousands of chickens having to be destroyed due to being infected by the Avian flu!

Can anybody say, eggbeaters!? hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Think I will order a couple cans of freeze dried eggs
hmmm........wonder if my HOA would allow a teeny tiny little chicken coop in the backyard......i couldn't get a rooster cuz they get up too early....I would probably have to buy misters for them, though......it is so dang hot in this place.....Ima gonna try the little laughing head again......hahhah
Back in Ohio and PA, it was 3bucks some change for a gallon of milk. Here in MO, it's 4+. I was less than excited to notice the price increase of milk until I noticed our gasoline prices were the lowest in the country. It's a trade-off I can accept.
Organic milk costs around 4-5 bucks here and regular is about 3 bucks a gallon.

I buy the 4 Grain Vegetarian fed cage free brown eggs for $3.49.

No idea what cherries are running now, but I always try one before I buy a whole bag. They're expensive even when they're cheap and I don't want to spend 10 bucks on shitty cherries.

I don't know the price of a lot of things at the grocery store. If it's something I need or want I just buy it.
It's about $4 for half gallon of organic milk here. About $3.50 for a gallon of regular milk. Bacon is really expensive and so is chicken.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-02-2015, 08:10 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: hmmm........wonder if my HOA would allow a teeny tiny little chicken coop in the backyard......i couldn't get a rooster cuz they get up too early....I would probably have to buy misters for them, though......it is so dang hot in this place.....Ima gonna try the little laughing head again......hahhah

You don't need Roosters for chickens to lay eggs.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-02-2015, 06:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

This was inspired by seeing User say how much she paid for those cherries.

It is comforting to know that Users cherries help to house Wetbacks.

Everything is so expensive on the West Coast. Property that sells for close to a million out there may sell for $300,000 around here. The difference is mind blowing.
(07-03-2015, 07:45 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Everything is so expensive on the West Coast. Property that sells for close to a million out there may sell for $300,000 around here. The difference is mind blowing.

I've been looking at houses, I want a bigger one and saw a few with 5 acre lots going for 250,000. I could trade mine to some old couple for their farm house with no problem.

I was looking at property back home and it's dirt cheap, like a grand an acre. Probably because it's in the middle of nofuckingwhere.
That's the thing you have to travel 30 miles to get to work.

You have to travel so far for pretty much everything up there. I can remember traveling 2 hours to get to a mall to get my first prom gown and God help you if you got badly hurt or were very sick because again, you'd have to travel so far to get great medical care.
(07-02-2015, 07:06 PM)Carsman Wrote: Not just milk and chops prices, have you seen the price of EGGS lately, today, just paid $5 for a dozen Egg Lands Best Jumbos!

And it has been said the price eventually may reach $8 dozen, due to hundreds of thousands of chickens having to be destroyed due to being infected by the Avian flu!

Can anybody say, eggbeaters!? hah

That Avian flu took its toll on the chicken farmers here in Iowa. I expect the price of eggs and chicken to go through the roof until they build the flocks back up. I am just glad I have a farmer friend that was not effected by it because I get my eggs farm fresh for $2.50 a dozen.
(07-03-2015, 10:39 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: That Avian flu

Someone told me recently that people will really see the affect of that come Thanksgiving when people are paying 2 & 3 times more for a turkey.
Some people might Duch. I wont because I shoot a wild turkey for that occasion. That makes me think there may be a lot more turkey hunters in the woods this fall and might effect turkey populations also. Time will tell.