Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
GRUESOME BEVER FAMILY MURDERS, OK -- TEEN SONS ARRESTED
It's very early in the investigation so there are not many details available at this time; I'm curious about motive.

[Image: Bever2.jpg]
Then: Now 18-year-old Robert Bever (^ back row, center) and his now 16-year-old brother (^ back row, right) have been arrested for stabbing and hacking their parents and three of their siblings to death in the family's upscale Broken Arrow, Oklahoma home.

The murdered siblings were a 5-year-old sister, a 7-year-old brother and a 12-year-old brother.

911 was called to the home by the surviving victim, the boys' now 13-year-old sister (^ pictured left). She's in critical condition and undergoing surgery. A 2-year-old sister was spared altogether and is in protective custody.

[Image: aprildavidbever.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all]
The murdered parents ^ April Bever, 44 and David Bever, 52.

Mom April Bever was a stay-at-home mom who home-schooled the kids and reportedly did not allow them to play with other kids; neighbors describe the family as "reclusive".

Dad David Bever was a graduate of Oral Roberts University and was a Senior Technology Administrator at HP who had previously worked for Samsung.

[Image: Robert+Bever.jpg]
Now: Mugshot of 18-year-old Robert Bever ^. He and his 16-year-old brother were arrested shortly after 911 was called on Wednesday night and officers found a bloody mess of bodies at the family home. Canines tracked the two teens to the woods behind the home.

Refs:
http://www.newson6.com/story/29613013/po...in-custody
http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/robert-bev...s-mugshot/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...eaths.html
The Oral Roberts degree is an instant "red flag", to me.

It's merely a gut reaction and NOT something that would justify the slaughter of a family.

But the 18 year old (Robert) looks like he came from central casting for a part in "The Grapes of Wrath" or "Deliverance". Creepy fucker.

Fratricide on ones so young, is just bizarre.

And to think it was done in concert with another sibling, is incredulous.

I wonder who they attacked first . . . parents or siblings?

Is that blood splatter on his face? Jesus.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-24-2015, 12:32 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Fratricide on ones so young, is just bizarre.

And to think it was done in concert with another sibling, is incredulous.

I wonder who they attacked first . . . parents or siblings?

It's definitely bizarre.

We've seen cases of siblings plotting and killing a parent or parents, but it appears that the two oldest siblings in this case conspired to kill the whole damned family (except the 2-year-old).

The 13-year-old sister whose 911 call drew police to the house (it was an open call - no speaking) is out of surgery and said to be in stable condition now. Her account of the home life and the attacks will probably be key for investigators, prosecutors, and defense attorneys, IMO.

It's been reported that dad worked for HP remotely from his home office. So, we've got a stay-at-home mom, kids schooled at home, dad working working from home, and kids reportedly prohibited from venturing/socializing away from home.

I think it will be difficult for the boys' defense attorneys to claim that they were trying to save their siblings from abusive parents and send them to a better place, or one of those types of defenses. If that were the case, the boys could have just killed the parents.

(07-24-2015, 05:59 AM)Duchess Wrote: Is that blood splatter on his face? Jesus.

I think so. The boys were arrested within an hour of allegedly stabbing and hacking five people to death.

They were found hiding in the wooded area behind the home, so it might be a combination of blood spatter and dirt.

One of the boys was reportedly taken to the hospital upon arrest; it's not clear whether that was the 18 or 16 year old and no details of the hospitalization have yet been given.

Authorities say both boys will be charged as adults.

Money? Mental illness? Resentment/hate? A combination? It's difficult to imagine what could have motivated these kids to slaughter their family. Doesn't seem like a murder/suicide attempt, they were running/hiding from police when apprehended. I hope the suspects are talking.
Seriously crazy shit right there
POLICE UPDATES / CLARIFICATIONS TO ORIGINAL REPORTS

-Police responded to a 911 call, one of the young male victims called before dying (either the 7-year-old or the 12-year-old). It was not the 13-year-old sister who called 911.

-Police said the suspects could have had a lot of free time had no one called 911. “(The caller) actually stated, ‘Please help,’ and (said) their brother was attacking the family. Another male which we believe is one of the two suspects said hello and then hung up,” said Corporal Leon Calhoun of the Broken Arrow Police.

-Police said they also said have no reason to believe the two-year-old was not a target as well.

-Police said there's no criminal history that led to police being called to the location before.

-FOX23 found out investigators are looking into a shipment that was supposed to be delivered to the home Thursday. Sources said the shipment contained boxes of ammunition. Police said they can't comment on it because of the investigation.

[Image: beverkids.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all]
-Robert Bever, 18, and his 16-year-old brother (pictured above with their 13-year-old sister) are both now in the Tulsa County jail. FOX23 talked to the Juvenile Justice division who said neither brother had a juvenile record in Tulsa County.

-Robert Bever was arrested on five counts of first degree murder and one count of aggravated assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

-The 13-year-old girl is in serious condition after surgery, a two-year-old girl who was upstairs was not injured.

Source: http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/fiv...YqQYI.dpuf
I wonder if they worked together or separately, to kill their siblings and parents?

Together for the parents and individually for their siblings?
(07-24-2015, 11:16 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I wonder if they worked together or separately, to kill their siblings and parents?

Together for the parents and individually for their siblings?

The 13-year-old girl told police that the older brother, Robert, attacked her and her family.

Police indicate that the suspects are cooperating, so hopefully full confessions and details of the attacks will be extracted from them soon.

[Image: michael-bever.jpg?w=770]
^ The name and mugshot of of the 16-year-old brother, Michael Bever, were released by a Tulsa jail official yesterday. I don't know if he was cleaned-up before the shot. He faces five charges of murder and one charge of assault/battery; same as his older brother.

[Image: bever-robert-newmug.jpg?w=770]
^ This is the mugshot of the 18-year-old accused quintuple murderer, Robert Bever, after being cleaned-up. He looks like he has a screw loose, IMO.

Ref: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/gir...351ba.html

This is just hearsay from comments I've read by people claiming to know the family:
--Older brother Robert had delusions of grandeur; thought he was a genius who should be going to Harvard or Yale, etc...

--The younger brother Michael was quieter and kind of a computer geek.

--Robert was working as some kind of customer service phone rep; Michael had graduated the home-schooling program early.

--Mom April doted on her kids and bragged about them on social media; the 2-year-old surviving daughter was born prematurely and mom had started a charity to help mothers of preemies.

--There is some speculation that the boys were doing meth, but that seems to be based only on the crimes and the mugshot of Robert (rather than any knowledge or suspicion of drug use prior to the murders).

It is so creepy to look into the faces of what I view as children and know they are murderers. They killed those who loved them the most. It kinda gives me the willies.
(07-25-2015, 01:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The 13-year-old girl told police that the older brother, Robert, attacked her and her family.

Maybe the 13 year old "pretended" to assist his brother, to survive Robert's murderous rampage?

It's odd the sister's statement didn't include Michael.

I wonder if "Bobby" ever applied to an Ivy League School . . . or any post-secondary institution?

I still hear banjos when I look at his mugshot . . . the original and the hygienic one.
I just don't even know what to say. This is so sad. Disturbing. WTF happened to make these kids do this??
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-25-2015, 04:47 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Disturbing.

Using a knife is really making the kill personal.

I sometimes get squeamish when I spatchcock (debone) a chicken.
(07-25-2015, 04:51 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 04:47 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Disturbing.

Using a knife is really making the kill personal.

I sometimes get squeamish when I spatchcock (debone) a chicken.

Yea, I can't do that.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-25-2015, 01:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: --There is some speculation that the boys were doing meth, but that seems to be based only on the crimes and the mugshot of Robert (rather than any knowledge or suspicion of drug use prior to the murders).

I thought that from the first picture that was posted, because of the crazy eyes... but discounted it because the splotches looked like blood spatter.

The new mugshot has more crazy eyes, and his complexion looks very methy to me.
Yeah, but he looked just as nutty in his younger picture with the family. Just take away the blood spatter, dirt and acne.
(07-25-2015, 06:25 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah, but he looked just as nutty in his younger picture with the family. Just take away the blood spatter, dirt and acne.

I hate to even bring it up, but here is a case where a gun wasn't handy, and the creep used the next best thing.
I read they used several different butchering tools including a hatchet. The older boy also confessed to planning on killing other people outside of the family. Which he may have done if he got hold of a gun. At least he only killed his own family.
(07-25-2015, 06:38 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I hate to even bring it up, but here is a case where a gun wasn't handy, and the creep used the next best thing.

So . . . I am guessing that your point is: "A gun doesn't cause murderous intentions . . . if someone wants to kill, they will find a way."?

I'm wondering how they pulled it off. There had to have been screaming and when people are fighting for their life they become very strong. They would have had to incapacitate their Dad almost immediately.
My guess is they were sleeping, and the article I read said they had more than just a dull kitchen knife.