Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A redneck on Racism
This guy is actually brilliant.

(08-19-2015, 05:57 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: This guy is actually brilliant.

I can't believe there isn't even one comment on this guy. He's hilarious, and spot on!
You're right, he is spot on! He's right, Racism must end.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-20-2015, 11:10 AM)Carsman Wrote: You're right, he is spot on! He's right, Racism must end.
"I drink a beer, eat too much pork n Bar B Que..." hah
I think this video was posted here a few years back too.

Anyway, Dixon D. White, the repentant racist redneck, is just a character being played by Latino actor Jorge Moran (though that wasn't known/revealed when the video first went viral a few years back).

I still find the video interesting though. To me, some of the message is really good and some of the "white guilt/privlege" rhetoric is unproductive crap (no matter who's dishing out).
(08-20-2015, 12:41 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think this video was posted here a few years back too.

Anyway, Dixon D. White, the repentant racist redneck, is just a character being played by Latino actor Jorge Moran (though that wasn't known/revealed when the video first went viral a few years back).

I still find the video interesting though. To me, some of the message is really good and some of the "white guilt/privlege" rhetoric is unproductive crap (no matter who's dishing out).
The publish date is April 2015. Sorry, didn't realize it was outdated. I guess the "white guilt/privilege" part flew past me because I don't have any guilt. The "get educated, read a book" part did shock me though.hah
He looks like he just smoked a fatty.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-20-2015, 01:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The publish date is April 2015. Sorry, didn't realize it was outdated. I guess the "white guilt/privilege" part flew past me because I don't have any guilt. The "get educated, read a book" part did shock me though.hah

Don't be sorry, it's an interesting video and I think a lot of it is spot on too. I just think you might have gotten fewer comments than you expected because it's been seen before, though it looks to have been reposted with a current date and is creating a lot of buzz this time out too.

None of the content offends me at all, though I find some of the message to be more thought-provoking and productive than other parts.

Anyway the guy going by Dixon D. White in the video, Jorge Eugene Moran, is not a redneck. He's a half white and half Cuban and describes himself as an actor, director, and anti-racist activist. He may well mean everything he says while in character and the experiences he describes in the video may be true; I don't know.

In any case, the video got a lot of positive reaction and people thinking about Dixon D. White's message on America's racist culture last time it was circulated too.
In an interview last year, Moran describes an encounter with a pretty white sales clerk at the Bass Pro Shop and how she referred to blacks as 'niggers'. He immediately told the black customers that she was a racist and recommends that all American citizens should start responding in similar fashion when they're exposed to racists.

[Image: aeb25ada97f52a70212959b21a10d452.jpg?itok=eRw8ehUa]
Moran's "7 Steps to White Racial Responsibility. (As I see them)"

1. To PUT BEHIND YOU, your years of white supremacist influence training and thought.

2. To COME TO A PLACE emotionally, intellectually and consciously free of the white bias frame in which we view people of color.

3. To allow yourself to SEE the reality of the white supremacist dominated world that people of color live in and all that that reality encompasses for people of color.

4. To REACH OUT to people of color through simple, sincere and genuine friendships that is free of white supremacist notions and biases.

5. To LISTEN, LEARN, AND BELIEVE what people of color tell you about their life racially in America.

6. To ACT on your new racially unbiased truth and reality, by speaking up when you witness other whites, establishments or institutions speaking, behaving, or performing in a white supremacist manner.

7. To PASS ON, tell and share your new racially unbiased truth and reality, with your white friends, family and co-workers.

http://www.examiner.com/article/racism-a...orge-moran
(08-20-2015, 01:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 01:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The publish date is April 2015. Sorry, didn't realize it was outdated. I guess the "white guilt/privilege" part flew past me because I don't have any guilt. The "get educated, read a book" part did shock me though.hah

Don't be sorry, it's an interesting video and I think a lot of it is spot on too. I just think you might have gotten fewer comments than you expected because it's been seen before, though it looks to have been reposted with a current date and is creating a lot of buzz this time out too.

None of the content offends me at all, though I find some of the message to be more thought-provoking and productive than other parts.

Anyway the guy going by Dixon D. White in the video, Jorge Eugene Moran, is not a redneck. He's a half white and half Cuban and describes himself as an actor, director, and anti-racist activist. He may well mean everything he says while in character and the experiences he describes in the video may be true; I don't know.

In any case, the video got a lot of positive reaction and people thinking about Dixon D. White's message on America's racist culture last time it was circulated too.
Mexicans can't be rednecks? This isn't going to go over well with the PBR crowd down here. hah

I'd want to call him a nigger just to get a rise out of him. Nigger Nigger Nigger
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well now Duchess, I am going to have to expose you!
(08-20-2015, 02:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 01:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Mexicans can't be rednecks? This isn't going to go over well with the PBR crowd down here. hah
And for the record, I also know a guy named Johnny Perez who is in the AB. hah
(08-20-2015, 02:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Mexicans can't be rednecks? This isn't going to go over well with the PBR crowd down here. hah

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch Where'd you get the Mexicans, Gunnar?

Hate to break it to you, but Cuba and Mexico are not the same country.

Anyway, as I said, Moran is part white, part Cuban (according to his self-profile). That would make him white and Latino/Hispanic.

I don't know any Mexican or Latino rednecks personally and I believe the definition of "redneck" does include being white (which could include Moran), though I can see how the term can be applied subjectively too. But, none of that has anything to do with why I said Moran is not a redneck.

I said he's not a redneck because he's not a redneck. Instead, he's a guy who uses some of his racial awakening experiences from college and life-in-general in his works as a writer, actor, director and anti-racism activist.
(08-20-2015, 02:34 PM)Love Child Wrote: Well now Duchess, I am going to have to expose you!

People will be shocked! *adjusts halo*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-20-2015, 02:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 02:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Mexicans can't be rednecks? This isn't going to go over well with the PBR crowd down here. hah

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch Where'd you get the Mexicans, Gunnar?

Hate to break it to you, but Cuba and Mexico are not the same country.

Anyway, as I said, Moran is part white, part Cuban (according to his self-profile). That would make him white and Latino/Hispanic.

I don't know any Mexican or Latino rednecks personally and I believe the definition of "redneck" does include being white (which could include Moran), though I can see how the term can be applied subjectively too. But, none of that has anything to do with why I said Moran is not a redneck.

I said he's not a redneck because he's not a redneck. Instead, he's a guy who uses some of his racial awakening experiences from college and life-in-general in his works as a writer, actor, director and anti-racism activist.
That just ruined my day. I have absolutely no grasp on geography whatsoever. There... I said it. Now you'll probably tell me that Kentucky isn't in the middle East.
Some Rednecks are quite clever, here's a "Redneck Fire Alarm"! hah

[Image: 8194d030.jpg]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(08-20-2015, 03:00 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: That just ruined my day. I have absolutely no grasp on geography whatsoever. There... I said it. Now you'll probably tell me that Kentucky isn't in the middle East.

Obviously your grasp was quite loose in this case. And, you're welcome, Gunnar.

If you're running round calling people who are introduced to you as being rom Cuba "Mexicans", other people who aren't as generous and non-judgmental as those of us at Mock will certainly laugh at you and call you an "ignoramus" or something.

Here, your ignorance is quickly converted into knowledge, you lucky man.

P.s. People from Japan aren't Chinese, just so you don't trip yourself up on that one in the future.
(08-20-2015, 03:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 03:00 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: That just ruined my day. I have absolutely no grasp on geography whatsoever. There... I said it. Now you'll probably tell me that Kentucky isn't in the middle East.

Obviously your grasp was quite loose in this case. And, you're welcome, Gunnar.

If you're running round calling people who are introduced to you as being rom Cuba "Mexicans", other people who aren't as generous and non-judgmental as those of us at Mock would certainly laugh at you and call you an "ignoramus" or something.

Here, your ignorance is quickly converted into knowledge, you lucky man.

P.s. People from Japan aren't Chinese, just so you don't trip yourself up on that one in the future.
I know. They're Mongoloids. Duh!