Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DEATH & FORGIVENESS

Would you be able to forgive someone who accidently killed your child? Not just anyone, but someone you love and respect, someone who loved your child much in the same way you did.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If they let me hack their arm off with a chainsaw..........maybe.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If it was truly and accident, in time... Maybe? Maybe not. I can't put myself into that frame of mind, nor do I want to. Ever.
When I was a kid our neighbor didn't realize his daughter was playing behind his truck and he backed out and crushed her leg. She didn't die, but she could have and her leg had to be amputated.

I guess if it was something like that I could forgive the person because they probably already feel awful enough without me rubbing it in.
Would Aussie ever forgive Duchess for asking Aussie to take a picture with her horse?

[Image: hhezgif.com-add-text_zpsd6ozfftm.gif]
Fannie be gentle.
(10-23-2015, 03:26 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Would Aussie ever forgive Duchess for asking Aussie to take a picture with her horse?

Woah Zero, that's really 'out there'. Smiley_emoticons_slash

(10-23-2015, 01:06 PM)Duchess Wrote: Would you be able to forgive someone who accidently killed your child? Not just anyone, but someone you love and respect, someone who loved your child much in the same way you did.

It wouldn't be an issue because I would be dead too, or soon after.
(10-23-2015, 05:49 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Woah Zero, that's really 'out there'. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Strange things can happen in such a bohemian setting. Just after you left, Duchess did the "Ice Bucket Challenge" bareback.

[Image: 1409592981_ice_bucket_challenge_on_a_hor...jqgj6e.gif]
So lame Zero, you are losing your edge.
(10-23-2015, 09:56 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: So lame Zero, you are losing your edge.

Ignore the creepy cocksucka. He's not worth your time.
I could forgive someone for killing my child so long as it was truly an innocent accident.

It would be harder to forgive if the person caused my child's death due to gross negligence.

I probably could not truly forgive anyone for purposely killing my child, though I wouldn't be consumed with hate or anything (I hope).
About 30 years ago my cousins husband accidently ran over and killed their 3 year old son with riding lawn mower. Did not realize he had run up behind. They did separate for a short time, but they are now still together. So I probably could if it were truly an accident. But you never know.
(10-24-2015, 11:22 AM)QueenBee Wrote: About 30 years ago my cousins husband accidently ran over and killed their 3 year old son with riding lawn mower.

Holy shit. I know someone that happened to! It was in the same time frame that you posted and it happened in NY. We couldn't possibly know the same people, could we? Woooooo.
I would forgive. I'm sure the guilt they felt would consume them.
I hope if the situation was reversed, they would forgive me also.
The guilt would eat me alive 24/7.
(10-24-2015, 12:08 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: The guilt would eat me alive 24/7.

I was thinking about how godawful it would be to have done that to someone you loved. I was inspired to ask that question by a story I had read about two best friends. One accidently ran over the other's toddler and killed her. They are still best friends.
I couldn't imagine the anguish involved in either causing the death of a loved one's child, or having my child killed by a loved one. I don't think I'd be able to stay friends.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(10-24-2015, 02:42 PM)Donovan Wrote: I couldn't imagine the anguish involved in either causing the death of a loved one's child, or having my child killed by a loved one. I don't think I'd be able to stay friends.

Exactly. I think I could forgive...from a distance. I don't think I'd be able to continue to physically be in the presence of that person anymore though. Maybe cards, notes if it were someone that I really cared about (and, as HotD said, there was no gross negligence or anything involved) but in person? It would be too painful.

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking about if my husband were the one who did it...and I still feel the same way. I don't think I could live with him (maybe...after a long time had passed and I had healed some but not until then). Which is awful because he would be so devastated. I dunno...that's a tough one.
Commando Cunt Queen
Sweet Jesus! A frigging lawn mower! Smiley_emoticons_shocked
I thought the 2 of my dogs had gotten out today. I FREAKED. I had neighbours involved, I roamed the streets in my car yelling. I wanted to die. I rushed home to get my phone, only to find them both knocking the bathroom door trying to get out. They had snuck in there and got stuck. I was already sick today, after that I was still traumatised and teary.

Imagine if it really happened? Imagine if that was a child or someone else's child? I just can't even go there, I am at a loss for words, I hate even contemplating any of it.
Imagine if you had heard a lawn mower starting up.