Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Windows 10
I got a pop up on my computer that Windows 10 would automatically download to my computer on Wednesday. So, I figured yesterday I would go ahead and do it myself. Not sure I like it yet. But I apparently cannot undo it now.

I don't like being forced into something. 52
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Good luck with windows 10 hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-25-2016, 10:48 AM)QueenBee Wrote: I got a pop up on my computer that Windows 10 would automatically download to my computer on Wednesday. So, I figured yesterday I would go ahead and do it myself. Not sure I like it yet. But I apparently cannot undo it now.

My old laptop recently did the same thing after I hit "not now, remind me later" to the update message about a thousand times.

The new laptop I got last month has Windows 10 installed. Aside from a few small changes, I haven't noticed differences like I did with the Vista and 8.0 updates.
My laptop just changed to Windows 10 automatically too. Bastards. I liked it the way it was. Now I have this message stuck at the bottom that says "I'm Cortana. Ask me anything". I guess I'm going to have to ask her to get the fuck off my laptop.
(05-23-2016, 02:44 PM)sally Wrote: My laptop just changed to Windows 10 automatically too. Bastards. I liked it the way it was. Now I have this message stuck at the bottom that says "I'm Cortana. Ask me anything". I guess I'm going to have to ask her to get the fuck off my laptop.
Are you sure this was a legit download? Doesn't usually do that..I have Windows 10 and I have never heard of Cortana....you better do a scan PDQ.

Uh oh
Go into your security settings on your control panel and de-check the automatic update feature from windows.
Like HotD said this is an old laptop that worked just fine so I've hit the "not now, remind me later" update a thousand times. Then today I walk in the room and it says "configuring update for windows 10. Please do not turn computer off". Now it's running like shit and keeps freezing up.
Did you let it finish? Don't stop it if its already started. Its really not that bad but I hate being forced into things like that stupid ill planned Obama care fiasco.
I let itit finish it took about an hour, but now I'm pissed because it's running like shit. I could barely get this typed out.

Open your Start menu, select Settings, click the Update & Security icon and select Recovery. You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install.

Sally, is your laptop still running sucky?
Not now that I finally got it restored back to 8.1. Cocksuckers wiped me clean off the net with that shit. It was freezing up and so slow it took me 20 minutes just to get into the settings to change it back. Then it had the audacity to question me why I want to change back.
Sally missed her redtube.
There are certain computers that do NOT like Windows 10 at ALL, and I think Toshiba was one of them. Something about a conflict with the operating systems. It damn near bricked my ex's computer when it forced the update on her, same thing as Sally's, and I had to help her do the uninstall shit to get it off there. In retrospect I wish I hadn't, she's gone full cuntface. But I think there's already a thread for that.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-24-2016, 07:27 PM)Donovan Wrote: she's gone full cuntface.

Oh God. What does that mean? What is she doing to you? I'll kick her ass. *flexes*
(05-24-2016, 07:27 PM)Donovan Wrote: There are certain computers that do NOT like Windows 10 at ALL, and I think Toshiba was one of them. Something about a conflict with the operating systems. It damn near bricked my ex's computer when it forced the update on her, same thing as Sally's, and I had to help her do the uninstall shit to get it off there. In retrospect I wish I hadn't, she's gone full cuntface. But I think there's already a thread for that.

Mine is a Dell and it worked for about 5 minutes after it updated and then it went haywire like it was loaded with viruses. I was thinking that I'm going to end up throwing the damn thing in the trash, but as soon as I restored it back to 8.1 it worked fine.
(05-24-2016, 07:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 07:27 PM)Donovan Wrote: she's gone full cuntface.

Oh God. What does that mean? What is she doing to you? I'll kick her ass. *flexes*

Just a whole lot of ugliness. Pretty vile series of texts trying to cut as deep as she possibly could while announcing I wouldn't be able to see my little "grandson" pal any more as he is apparently wonderful and thriving without me. Since I have no legal right to him there's not much I can do about it. Meanwhile she's officially hooked up with the bouncer asshole she cheated with, has taken great pains to let me know he's better at basically everything than me (lol, outplayed by a jack-o-lantern) and that all her problems left with me. Not particularly effective or accurate, but way uglier than it really ought to be. I think I might have hurt her feelings or something. Might have been when she threatened me with lawyers and I laughed at her, then she demanded my address and I said it was 185 go-fuck-yourself lane. I think I also called her unstable and said she was that pathetic old person still trying to party in the metal club with the youngsters and acting like they ain't laughing at her.

That was probably what did it. I may not be good at anything normal, but when it comes to being an absolute brutally honest bastard I have few peers. I think I'm destined to rot under a tree like the old man...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
She sounds like a cunt. Plenty of people had fucked up lives and don't act like an asshole. I think you're a fool that gives her too much credit for that crock of shit hard life she claims.