IS IT TRUE?
...that it costs more to make a penny & a nickel than what they are worth? 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-28-2019, 05:52 PM)Duchess Wrote: ...that it costs more to make a penny & a nickel than what they are worth? 

Yes.
Pre 1982 cents are worth 2-3 cents depending on the price of copper
(03-28-2019, 05:52 PM)Duchess Wrote: ...that it costs more to make a penny & a nickel than what they are worth? 

True story, I went to the hardware store and bought washers (The dia. of a nickle, and 116 tk. they were 15 cents each) that  I needed to mount a range hood over my friends stove.

As it turned out, I needed 6 washers,  so the store clerk counted the washers and put them in a bag, and I paid for them and left

When I got back to my friends house, I was putting up the hood, and when I went to get the last washer, the bag was empty. T
he clerk only gave me 5! (SOB) The mounting of the washers were hidden and out of sight.  

It was a 15 minute drive back to the store, so instead of going back, I took and old nickle drilled a hole in the middle of it and made it into a washer. And it only cost 5 cents. hah  (it was just as strong as the original washers) 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Do y'all use mostly cash or credit? I always get cash back when I deposit my paycheck, I use it mostly for tips and I pay cash for my hair and nails, other than that I use one of my cards. My favorite one is a cash back card, I get a percentage when I buy AND when I pay my bill. Free money Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-30-2019, 06:57 AM)Duchess Wrote: Do y'all use mostly cash or credit? I always get cash back when I deposit my paycheck, I use it mostly for tips and I pay cash for my hair and nails, other than that I use one of my cards. My favorite one is a cash back card, I get a percentage when I buy AND when I pay my bill. Free money Smiley_emoticons_smile

I use A/E Blue "cash back" card for everything, and I mean everything, except use cash for tips like for valet,  Maitre d', and the like. Use Visa, where they don;t take A/E,
and then I get "reward points", that can be use to get "Gift cards". 44

I get 6% "cash back" on grocery shopping, 3% back on gas, 3% back on major retail stores, and 1% back on everything else. Last year I got back almost $800!  44
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!