Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIX ON TRACKS
So...some people think it's cool to take pix on train tracks. They enjoy the setting, particularly this time of year with all the vibrant colors that are in the background. People get dressed in their pretty clothes, sometimes they use props, bring friends and/or loved ones, etc. You get the idea. Then, here comes the train and people die. It doesn't take an engineer to know that bad things can happen if you're hanging out on active tracks, right? I'm interested in reading your opinions about taking track pix. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Never heard of that but I do walk along the coal train tracks and when a train goes by I steer clear of the tracks.  hah They rumble by and the ground shakes. I wave to the guy in front.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-05-2019, 11:42 AM)Maggot Wrote: Never heard of that

I knew it was a thing in different places around the country, I had heard of it before, but it didn't know how prevalent it is and I didn't know it was going on around here until recently. Upon hearing about it I made a comment about Darwinism and a couple people were offended I would say such a thing. Well, I'm offended that anyone would be so dumb as to stage a fricken photo shoot on active tracks. FFS.  78
I can understand if one was named Nel and the other Dudley but otherwise nope ........stay off the tracks kids.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/11.../23853176/
I had a similar thread in the photography forum

https://mockforums.net/thread-13695.html

Along the same topic I guess
Heather Friesen was wearing her go-pro when she slipped at a waterfall. She was far too close to the edge, had she resisted the last 3 steps she took (Seen in longer video found elsewhere) she would not have suffered this unfortunate incident. She did decide to release the footage after she recovered to show others and warn them to be more cautious than she was. 

(11-05-2019, 02:52 PM)MirahM Wrote: I had a similar thread in the photography forum

https://mockforums.net/thread-13695.html

That was the day the guy here lost his leg. He has a fake one now. Sorry for screwing up your thread. 

haha i'm NOT sorry haha  [Image: raw]
Oh I didn't keep reading before I posted the link. Glad to hear the guy has a leg now. I didn't view the thread as being screwed up.

(11-05-2019, 03:43 PM)Mirah Wrote: I didn't view the thread as being screwed up.

I don't either.

Maggot, I've thought about that kid more than once. After it happened I told a couple people here about it. Life can go from sugar to shit in a heartbeat. I hope that kid is doing well.
The guy that was holding the tourniquet was so disturbed from looking at his leg for 15 min till the ambulance got there quit the next day. Bannecorn is not here anymore because of it but that's a story for later.
I saw on the news this morning that a 10 year old kid fell from an indoor zip line because the staff failed to lock him in properly. They showed the actual video of him falling to the concrete and it was very disturbing as well. I haven't heard any updates on his condition, but he was severely injured.
Sad. I do not trust these zip line places. The one in my area didn't have a very good reputation and they are no longer running. They would just have anyone running them.

And I just saw that a 17 year old was taking his sr pictures in OR on the railroad tracks-and got hit and died.

FFS