Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porterhouse
Is this the best steak? I like T-bone too, 7 min on one side 4 min on the other nicely marbled with salt & pepper. Any comments or useful tips? Oh yeah w/olive oil, its so friggin easy!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't have any useful tips in regards to cooking.

I'd kind of like to try that burger that's not really meat at BK. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-17-2020, 11:24 AM)Duchess Wrote: I don't have any useful tips in regards to cooking.

I'd kind of like to try that burger that's not really meat at BK. 
It's good. Tastes just like the meat version of the Whopper.
(01-17-2020, 06:52 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: It's good. Tastes just like the meat version of the Whopper.

A good review! Awesome.
Porterhouse (sirloin, New York cut..whatever you want to call it) is just one side of a Tbone. Rib fillet is the other side.

How fucking thick of a steak are you cooking 7/4? I cook an inch thick Tbone 44 with a 4 minute rest and it’s perfect medium/medium rare every time.

Olive oil and pepper both sides of the steak at least a half an hour before cooking. Salt just before you cook so it doesn’t draw all the moisture out. A knob of butter just with a minute to go to coat the steak and Bob’s your Auntie’s live in lover.
Duchess Wrote:
Clang McFly Wrote:It's good. Tastes just like the meat version of the Whopper.

A good review! Awesome.
If you are avoiding meat, why would you want to eat fake meat that is cooked on the same grill with the other meat? It tastes like a whopper because it's cooking in all the whopper's nasty juices.
I like nasty juice,  especially yours.
(01-17-2020, 10:15 PM)BigMark Wrote: I like nasty juice,  especially yours.
hah
(01-17-2020, 09:54 PM)sally Wrote:
Duchess Wrote:
Clang McFly Wrote:It's good. Tastes just like the meat version of the Whopper.

A good review! Awesome.
If you are avoiding meat, why would you want to eat fake meat that is cooked on the same grill with the other meat? It tastes like a whopper because it's cooking in all the whopper's nasty juices.
Sure they are. Next your gonna tell me mom's tasty lentil burgers (aka Indian burgers)only tasted good because she cooked them in hamburger juices. I never even realized they weren't meat burgers until years later. I always thought they meatloaf shaped into a patty.
Your meat has been loafing since puberty.
(01-17-2020, 08:17 PM)crash Wrote: Porterhouse (sirloin, New York cut..whatever you want to call it)  is just one side of a Tbone. Rib fillet is the other side.

How fucking thick of a steak are you cooking 7/4? I cook an inch thick Tbone 44 with a 4 minute rest and it’s perfect medium/medium rare every time.

Olive oil and pepper both sides of the steak at least a half an hour before cooking. Salt just before you cook so it doesn’t draw all the moisture out. A knob of butter just with a minute to go to coat the steak and Bob’s your Auntie’s live in lover.

An inch thick is what I like and olive oil salt pepper is the only spices. Also I like to cook them in a cast iron pan if the grill isn't available, I like t-bone because of the 2 different types of meat and look for one nicely marbled with a lot of fillet. Sometimes they sell them with just a bite of that and having the bone in seems to give it a better taste, Same with any meat I imagine..
(01-17-2020, 09:54 PM)sally Wrote: If you are avoiding meat, why would you want to eat fake meat that is cooked on the same grill with the other meat? It tastes like a whopper because it's cooking in all the whopper's nasty juices.

I hadn't considered that.

Meat is bad for you but that's not why I don't eat it. I don't much like eating things that had a face. I think it's gross and it really bothers me that something would have to die in order to feed me. I'd rather have a salad.

Having said that, I have eaten ribs like a savage before.
A salad? You monster!
https://youtu.be/KmK0bZl4ILM
My Fillet Minions are denting my freezer door trying to get out.
I once started a fire in the broiler with those.
Brown chicken brown cow!
Tips I got from a chef at a steak house.

Most tender steak cuts:

Ribeye

Tenderloin

T- Bone

N.Y. Strip

Poterhouse

Filet Minon

"Never" cook/grill a "cold" steak, get it to room temp first, by leaving it out 30 minutes at room temp.
Season steak with lots of "Kosher Salt", (not regular salt) on both sides.
Get grill smokin Hot!
Cook steak at highest heat available.
Least time steak cooks, the more tender it is.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I only do salt and pepper, no olive oil. And let the steaks come to room temperature which helps them to cook more evenly. I don't time them, I check by pressing on them which I can feel a perfect medium rare. Then I finish with a pat of butter. This is my kitchen, do you think I'd fuck up a steak?

[Image: SsoSsYal.jpg]
Have you had sex in that kitchen?
It’s how she got that kitchen