Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SATURDAY NIGHT IN ISOLATION
What are you doing? Are you struggling with isolation?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No I'm doing mostly the same thing I always do except using instacart to avoid the grocery store which I really dont miss anyway. My average day: Get the kid up for school at 6:30 ( not missing that at all either) clean the house, take the dogs for a run, do my paperwork, talk to customers on the phone all day, run some errands like the bank and what not, look on Mock, cook dinner, watch some tv and go to bed. Nothing has changed really other than we cant take our monthly little getaways from all the mundane shit we always do. Which sucks.
Plus the business is doing as well as ever thank God so I still have to work from home as always.
I just discovered "Sheriffs reading stories" on Facebook and it is fucking awesome! Otherwise, I don't know. I might attend a meeting on zoom tonight, I might make a meal, watch a show, go outside. It is just 4:45 PM now.
I got a few things done today, but I am losing energy.

Struggling w/ isolation? A little. I miss being around people. I know this may be for a while, so I am trying to find ways to deal with that. I exchange video messages w/ friends and family through out the day. That helps.

Plenty of fishing and gardening for me, building my fence soon and going back to work is looking good for next month.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I piddled around in the yards all day, cleaned the pool, played some on-line Scrabble, had a couple of drinks and played darts with my mom, read some news.............same old, same old.

Tonight I made beef and chicken fajitas with guacamole, cleaned and disinfected the kitchen again, talked to a couple of friends on the phone, and took the dog for a long walk. Now, I'm having a tall strong coffee and whiskey in my bedroom.  

Home confinement is something that suits me a lot of the time.  But, even the same level of isolation when it's out of necessity instead of choice gets a bit old.  I'm adjusting and know that a lot of people have it much much worse though.

Riding the storm out....
i went for a long ass hike, then had meatballs subs and a kickass salad. got in the spa and cranked boz scags and zeppelin on the bose revolve that thing cranks. now titos seltzer and a splash of cran. life is getting better...
(04-18-2020, 04:50 PM)Duchess Wrote: What are you doing? Are you struggling with isolation?
Not really struggling. Except for the not going to work during the week. I'm doing mostly what I normally do. Procrastinate on the laundry,dishes, and apartment cleaning, watch too much TV, and hang out at the cigar shop and then my friends house on Saturday afternoon/night. Got crazy last night. I had 2 Imperial IPA(9.3% ABV), a shot of Hennessy, a shot of bourbon, and a shot of tequila. Didnt even finish watching a second episode of Breaking Bad before I puked outside a little, got the chills, and had to lay down and try to get some sleep with a queasy stomach.
aye pendejo
(04-19-2020, 10:16 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:  had to lay down and try to get some sleep with a queasy stomach.

Did you eat before you started drinking?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
greasy pizza
(04-19-2020, 11:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 10:16 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:  had to lay down and try to get some sleep with a queasy stomach.

Did you eat before you started drinking?
Yes I had a big homewrecker burrito,  tortilla chips, and queso from Moes for lunch and then half a roast beef sub and potato chips for dinner.
It's not Saturday night anymore, obviously.

But, all the days and nights are starting to kinda blend together..............so, this thread is as good as any for a boring status update.

It's 3pm here -- I've got a family Zoom call, two very light vodka and ice teas, and two cans of spray paint behind me.

I've been grilling and cooking every day, which I actually enjoy, for the last 5 weeks.  Tonight my mom and niece want Wendy's chili and chicken sandwiches for dinner (I've never even tried either of them).  

So, now I'm drinking coffee and kicking back out back for a couple of hours before I glove-up and mask-up to hit the drive-thru; feeling very fortunate to have such perfect weather these days.
I've tried to avoid drive through's. I had some fun with my chain saw today and Tuesday am bringing a truckload of crap to the dump. This will be the first year I am ahead of the game.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I broke down the machine and cleaned it earlier.  I  need to get some canned air, I think.   I  went through 2 dz qtips trying to get the lint out.
I spent way too much on new lady clothes this weekend that I'm probably never going to wear outside the apartment. $110 for a blue velvet backless mini dress, a black one piece swimsuit, a red strapless bra, a black sports bra, and a leather skirt. Its harder to resist the urge to online shop with so much free time on my hands.
I've not ordered anything online but food and more food. Tomorrow I have clams coming which I'm looking forward to. Normally we go to my favorite restaurant and sit on the river eating clams and drinking beer, now I'll have to eat clams and drink beer in my backyard.
Oh and I ordered that damn toilet paper that never came. I fell for that scam real quick and now I have to get it taken off my card.
Yeah I also bought way too much salty junk food at the grocery store. But at least they finally had some toilet paper on the shelves. I bought 2 4-packs. I would have bought more but there is still a limit of 2 paper products a day per customer.
(04-19-2020, 10:32 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I spent way too much on new lady clothes this weekend that I'm probably never going to wear outside the apartment. $110 for a blue velvet backless mini dress, a black one piece swimsuit, a red strapless bra, a black sports bra, and a leather skirt. Its harder to resist the urge to online shop with so much free time on my hands.

You did well -- that's a lot of stuff for $110.00.

I hope you'll post some new pics, Clang.

It would be cool to see you in the blue backless velvet mini-dress.  It's kind of a sultry but classy look.