Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Cannongal
Today I stopped by Richards farm in Pembroke and got a dozen ears of first cut corn. They were small and Brian told me that's because there was hardly any rain last month. There was lots of rain last week and he said the next batch should be bigger. Have you noticed that up Chichester way?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The last time I went to the local farm, the dude told me that his corn wouldn't be ready the last week or July.    There's a guy who sells 'fresh butter and sugar ' corn down the road apiece,   but I have yet to patronize him. 

I haven't been to a farmers market yet this season,   too many rules.
She puts the ornery in corny.
(07-18-2020, 08:56 PM)cannongal Wrote: I haven't been to a farmers market yet this season,   too many rules.

What are the rules?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-19-2020, 04:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 08:56 PM)cannongal Wrote: I haven't been to a farmers market yet this season,   too many rules.

What are the rules?

They put caution tape around it,  and only allow 10 people to shop at a time-  of course,  when you drive by there's a line a mile long to get in.

The  farmers have to keep the produce covered,  or keep it in their vehicle.   

No reusable bags allowed,   * this is,  in fact,  a state rule,   but the farmers are putting your merchandise in used grocery store bags,  so what's the point?  

There's a few other things like hand sanitation,  posting signs about not entering when you're sick,   and  they stopped hiring musicians  (because they didn't want the crowd to gather) .
It wasn't that bad, everything was open, a line to check out, no masks required, nothing was covered. All open air but you had to use a basket then they put the stuff in plastic bags. there may have been 15 people there. It was starting to get crowded and I was glad I got there early.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.