You know the storm chaser in the movies
The one in the tornado movie that is a little insane
the one that the "normal" person says, "This is not normal!"

Or the one in the movie who has gone through something traumatic and then they are never the same-and they keep chasing the storm, the tornado, the fire.

Yeah, that might be me now. (not really) (BUT MAYBE!)

This summer was just feeling so calm as far as fires go. It was a relief. But also I felt empty. Like "Wow there is nothing to worry about, fret over" I have become so accustomed to worrying over this sort of thing that when it doesn't exist it feels empty.

So now there is a fire near the place I worked again and I feel a sense of normalcy in the worrying of it.

That is so sick. 

Anyone else get that way with the storms and hurricanes and tornados or anything else?

No, dealing with humans who don't give a shit and give you the runaround gives me high blood pressure, nature is what it is. Nothing you can do besides being prepared for it changes anything. Coddled assholes who get paid to make your life miserable, that's a different story...
Movies tend to get dramatic, It's not real by any sense.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-05-2020, 09:05 PM)MirahM Wrote: Anyone else get that way with the storms and hurricanes and tornados or anything else?

Fuck, no. I'd like it if I never had to think about any of that ever again.

However, I am a creature of habit, I like when things stay the same, I don't do well with change. I sorta get what you mean, a lot of anything can begin to seem like normalcy and when it's gone it feels like something is missing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yes, and now I realize what is going on may be some mild PTSD. I feel embarresed to even say it. I was evacuated twice 5 years ago and each year since has had some major fire related events somewhere for me to attach on to. And now this year is calm (tho I know CA is on fire now) but there is something about the calmness that has caused anxiety in me.

I have been noticing the August sky lately and realized that for the past 5 years every August has been filled with smoke from a fire in some area nearby. It feels dumb to even be reacting to this since ALL OF THIS OTHER SHIT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD, but that is where I am at.

I chatted with my spiritual advisor this weekend and I AM DOING MUCH BETTER NOW! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN!

hah hah hah hah

It was kind of trippy tho, I had a hell of a week and was feeling so anxious from many things. I haven't often felt that at all. It sucked.

(08-23-2020, 06:05 PM)MirahM Wrote: I chatted with my spiritual advisor this weekend and I AM DOING MUCH BETTER NOW! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN!

hah hah hah hah

It was kind of trippy tho, I had a hell of a week and was feeling so anxious from many things. I haven't often felt that at all. It sucked.

Last time I talked to my spiritual advisor they found him sucking his thumb on top of the washing machine at St. Agnes home for wayward nuns. It was 2AM and a couple candles were burning. His socks were balled up in a ziplock baggie wet for some reason.
Sounds good.
Come here next time and tell us all about it.
Or maybe you already do! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

This guy is super cool, and super calm. And they own a chicken farm and farm veggies too.

(08-23-2020, 07:32 PM)MirahM Wrote: This guy is super cool, and super calm. And they own a chicken farm and farm veggies too.

Oh crap........I remember going on vaca with the Professor and on the way a big sign painted on the side of a barn said "Chicken farmer I still love you" It was freakin great! We laughed and laughed. Thanks for plucking that memory out.  Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
Duck duck goose.
(08-23-2020, 08:28 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 07:32 PM)MirahM Wrote: This guy is super cool, and super calm. And they own a chicken farm and farm veggies too.

Oh crap........I remember going on vaca with the Professor and on the way a big sign painted on the side of a barn said "Chicken farmer I still love you" It was freakin great! We laughed and laughed. Thanks for plucking that memory out.  Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

That is a wierd and funny memory!

Eggcellent!