Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrett Phillips
Garrett Phillips, age 12, was playing basketball at the middle school when he spoke with his mom on his cellphone and she told him to go home and do homework. School surveillance cameras show Garrett leaving the parking lot on his skateboard at 4:52 pm.  A little over 30 minutes later, at 5:33 pm, Garrett was found strangled in his apartment. Garrett was taken to nearby Canton-Potsdam Hospital, which he had just skateboarded by, where he was pronounced dead at 7:18 pm.
Never try to destroy someone else's life with a lie when yours can be destroyed with the truth.
(09-02-2020, 08:55 AM)Fun Guss Wrote: Garrett Phillips, age 12, was playing basketball at the middle school when he spoke with his mom on his cellphone and she told him to go home and do homework. School surveillance cameras show Garrett leaving the parking lot on his skateboard at 4:52 pm.  A little over 30 minutes later, at 5:33 pm, Garrett was found strangled in his apartment. Garrett was taken to nearby Canton-Potsdam Hospital, which he had just skateboarded by, where he was pronounced dead at 7:18 pm.
Who actually murdered Garrett Phillips?
Never try to destroy someone else's life with a lie when yours can be destroyed with the truth.
Well that's a horrible story. Jesus.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This case is 9 years old. It's never been solved & apparently there are no suspects. It's very sad story. I'm sorry for the family who won't get any justice.

A St. Lawrence County prosecutor says there's a new tip in the Garrett Phillips murder case. Phillips was the 12-year-old boy who was fatally attacked at his home in Potsdam in 2011.

His mother’s ex-boyfriend, Nick Hillary, was found not guilty of the murder just over two years ago in a trial that captivated the region.
At the time, lead prosecutors declared the case was closed. But now, St. Lawrence County’s new prosecutor, Gary Pasqua, says he's learned of another lead that points away from Hillary. The DA says an investigation is ongoing, but it’s hard to know if police are taking the new information seriously.

For years, one of the loudest voices demanding justice for Garrett Phillips belonged to his uncle.

Brian Phillips helped produce hundreds of yard signs that read "Justice for Garrett," with a picture of the boy, smiling. The signs became iconic in Potsdam.

"It was over five years — whether it was selling stickers, selling T-shirts, [raising money for] the reward, " Brian Phillips said in an interview with NCPR last week.
It was a long wait leading up to the trial in 2016. After it ended in an acquittal, Phillips said he had to draw back.
"I think about him every day. I probably will the rest of my life," Phillips said. "But the day of the verdict, something just hit me. Just to say, I tried. I did everything I could."

Phillips was convinced police had the right suspect, but he felt it was time to move on — and it became clear that law enforcement wanted to move on, too.

https://www.nny360.com/news/crime/garret...45d14.html
(09-02-2020, 11:37 AM)Duchess Wrote: Well that's a horrible story. Jesus.
Wasn't there a witness?
(09-09-2020, 11:19 AM)Fun Guss Wrote: Wasn't there a witness?

I have no idea. You're the one who bought the story here, are you unaware of the details of the case? Given your interest one would think you would know that detail.
Weird I never heard about this, if it had been a white *girl*, the uproar would have been deafening.

Looks like there's a two part documentary about it.

Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]