Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitchen Organization
Have you ever done inventory on your kitchen?

Like a physical inventory list of all of the items you have in your kitchen?

that sounds like work.
I'm lucky if I know whats in my refrigerator.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-26-2020, 12:23 AM)MirahM Wrote: Have you ever done inventory on your kitchen?

No, I haven't, but I did clean out pots & pans and gave a bunch of shit away. If I haven't used it in a year, chances are I'm never going to use it. I probably should have said "if it hasn't been used" rather than "if I haven't used it".
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Have you ever had your taters mashed in the kitchen?
I had the strangest urge to look behind me to see who you were talking to.
(09-26-2020, 12:23 AM)MirahM Wrote: Have you ever done inventory on your kitchen?

I do it approximately every 6 months now.   Any food that has expired gets tossed,  and any equipment that hasn't been used goes to a thrift shop.
I just made my list on a google spreadsheet. It felt good to get it done. I divided it up by "Dried goods, baking goods, spices, canned goods" and then I inventoried my tea and coffee cupbard also. I also inventoried my fridge and freezer.
Now I know what I should stock for the winter AND if I want to access my list at the store I can do that so I don't buy 10 more of that one thing I always buy.

No. I have a fucking life. Jesus. Have you inventoried your socks and undies draw too? Toys and lube? You better get to counting the grains of salt in your shaker whilst you’re on it.

Google compulsive disorders whilst you’re going.
I have OCD for real. When I was a kid I had to touch the refrigerator seven times before I went to school among other ridiculous things. I Know it's absolutely retarded, but I still did it anyway. I was able to talk myself out of it, but I still must clean my house spotlessly every morning before I can feel good about doing anything else. When people come over they ask me how I keep my house so clean, I just shrug it off and dont mention that I'm fucking nuts.
I was like that until the children came along.
My husband used to get mad because I didnt give the kids enough chores. It was always easier to just do it myself then to trust them idiots. I once had animal control at my house because my son thought it was funny to throw all of the dog shit over the privacy fence into the neighbor's yard.
(10-11-2020, 04:48 PM)crash Wrote: No. I have a fucking life. Jesus. Have you inventoried your socks and undies draw too? Toys and lube? You better get to counting the grains of salt in your shaker whilst you’re on it.

Google compulsive disorders whilst you’re going.

It is more out of neccesity since it doesn't look like my 2nd job will be picking up any time soon. I want to be intentional about my shopping and meals this winter.

People that live with snowy winters understand the that a person needs to compartmentalize things before other things take precedent over other things that mean nothing until you try to find something fast.
Add covid and regular flu season on top of that-restaurants not being open as much etc etc. This is the first year I have been cooking as much as I have.
It totally felt OCD, but I don't care.

Neither does "Johnny cracked corn"
*Jimmy
Jimmy became a Las Vegas showgirl so Johnny took over.
I don't think I'm OCD but I have my fridge organized to the nth degree. It's the only place in all of life that I don't mind straight lines. Mustard go with mustards, but the ketchup is allowed to be near the sriracha and hot peppers. Beverages are lined up like soldiers, but they have to remain with their particular group. 

As I proofread this it is very fucking weird to see my strangeness in print.
I don't know what is in my kitchen fridge but I know where everything is in my cellar fridge. Bud on one side Mich light in the middle Bud light on the right. 
Steaks divided up in the freezer according to cut. Sauces, bbq , butter, fish in the door.