PLASTIC IS THE DEBIL
A little more than a year ago our community was told that all the stores would be phasing out plastic bags & on January 1, 2021 they would be phased out completely and people should start to get into the habit of bringing their own bags. I don't have a problem with this, I think it's a great idea.

I just went to our little community board and people are wailing about it! My God. Grown ass adults pissin' & moanin' about plastic bags.

Do your communities have plastic bag rules?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Reusable bags were banned for a while,  due to covid.  Now if we bring in reusables, we have to bag our own groceries,  which is fine by me
(01-02-2021, 09:32 AM)cannongal Wrote: Reusable bags were banned for a while,  due to covid.  Now if we bring in reusables, we have to bag our own groceries,  which is fine by me
Yeah I thought plastic bags were still banned but I just got a few when I used Instacart to deliver my groceries. When I do my own shopping, I use the reusable bags.
(01-02-2021, 07:39 AM)Duchess Wrote: A little more than a year ago our community was told that all the stores would be phasing out plastic bags & on January 1, 2021 they would be phased out completely and people should start to get into the habit of bringing their own bags. I don't have a problem with this, I think it's a great idea.

I just went to our little community board and people are wailing about it! My God. Grown ass adults pissin' & moanin' about plastic bags.

Do your communities have plastic bag rules?

Currently as far as I know we can't use the re-usable bags. It is annoying. I have plastic bags stacking up. Good thing I got a cat!

There is one town I visit that has outlawed plastic bags and you get charged .10 per bag if you don't have our own. I will see if I can find the Portlandia clip for you.

Facemasks are the new roadside trash.
(01-02-2021, 12:27 PM)MirahM Wrote:

hah
(01-02-2021, 09:32 AM)cannongal Wrote: Reusable bags were banned for a while,  due to covid.  Now if we bring in reusables, we have to bag our own groceries,  which is fine by me
Bagging your own groceries suck. I feel so rushed because they start the next customers order before I finish bagging my groceries so I usually just put the stuff back in the cart and put in the reusable bags when I get to my car.
They still use plastic bags around here. What I do to save the world is cut up my plastic beer rings so no sea animals get stuck in them, because all the plastic usually ends up in the ocean.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Your love of sea animals knows no bounds.
(01-02-2021, 01:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
Bagging your own groceries suck. I feel so rushed because they start the next customers order before I finish bagging my groceries so I usually just put the stuff back in the cart and put in the reusable bags when I get to my car.

I prefer to bag my own groceries.   The fucking idiot old people that market basket hires,  can't bag for shit.
I prefer to do my own as well. I'm always in a hurry, for what I dont know. Having to stand there and watch them bag it up like a turtle drives me crazy.
(01-02-2021, 01:44 PM)Maggot Wrote:  cut up my plastic beer rings so no sea animals get stuck in them

I do too, and I know others who do as well.
We haven’t had plastic bags at the supermarket for years. Beer comes in cardboard. It’s not that hard.
(01-02-2021, 01:24 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

San Francisco banned the disposable plastic bags like 5 or 6 years ago.

I just bought a bunch of cheap totes, some of then insulated for cold and hot products, and always kept a bunch in the trunk. 

It worked out way better than the crappy plastic ones that always broke anyway and was better for the planet.  Win/win.

I still use the totes, though disposable plastic bags remain the norm here in AZ.  When Covid hit and the baggers couldn't use my totes, I started having them just put everything in the cart and bagging the stuff in the trunk too.
Brown paper bags are making a comeback. They can be recycled can be mulched and decompose. They can also be made from recycled trash. I don't even know why we went to plastic.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Trees are the debil!
I'm on a mission to spread covid and use as much plastic as I possibly can. I dont recycle and I threw that stupid box of face masks I bought in the ocean.
....but you also love animals........

Fuck them.