Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has Facebook really banned Australia?
I heard something about that and would imagine that might piss off a ton of people. It could happen anywhere I guess. I don't really use Facebook but that was just wrong in my eyes.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Facebook has barred Australians from finding or sharing news on its service, a dramatic escalation of a fight with the government that may have wide-ranging consequences both in the country and around the world.

The social networking company on Wednesday said that people and publishers in Australia will no longer be able to share or see any news from local or international outlets. The decision appears to be the most restrictive move Facebook has ever taken against content publishers.

IMO, Have always said that FB shares too much private info, and has too much power over peoples lives!

Many People "live" by FB!

I for one, am not a big fan of FB!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I dont even have a FB. I use my husband's for a cooking group and a spinone dog group I joined, other than that I have no use for it.
(02-22-2021, 04:53 PM)Carsman Wrote: Facebook has barred Australians from finding or sharing news on its service, a dramatic escalation of a fight with the government that may have wide-ranging consequences both in the country and around the world.

The social networking company on Wednesday said that people and publishers in Australia will no longer be able to share or see any news from local or international outlets. The decision appears to be the most restrictive move Facebook has ever taken against content publishers.

IMO, Have always said that FB shares too much private info, and has too much power over peoples lives!

I'm a fan of Facebook, but now that I have real life friends to hang out with on the weekends, I don't worry so much about my Facebook "friends".
Clang I have a very, very important message for you.

If you get an E-mail that says "Knock-knock"  delete it right away! Do not hesitate.

It's a Jehovah witness working from home.
hah
(02-22-2021, 04:53 PM)Carsman Wrote: Facebook has barred Australians from finding or sharing news on its service, a dramatic escalation of a fight with the government that may have wide-ranging consequences both in the country and around the world.

Only "news" that doesn't originate in the corporate ecosystem, and the Australian government has no qualms with respect to censorship, so this has probably been set up so the gov't can pretend that it's fighting against a corporate bully, and they will soon reach a "compromise" that was the indended objective all along.
Again, you show your ignorance and uninformed opinion on a country you pretend to know so much about...but don’t ..or was that what you ‘indended’

Fortunately, and unfortunately at times, we are a small population. We don’t get the clicks on social media, nor do we have a huge power in the advertising dollar for our media. The Australian government (for a fucking change!) actually grew some balls and said to all social media platforms, if you use Australian media content on your platform, you shall be in debt to the content originator. Most of them went ok cool, let’s negotiate, Google leading the way, but the Zuck, he said nope fuck off. Here we are a few days late with all the recoil, and amazingly, the Zuck has come back to the table to ‘negotiate’.

First time I’ve been kinda proud of a government in this country for a long time..
Oh look, crash dummy thinks hearsay constitutes fact. hah

Get back to me when the details of the agreement they end up reaching are available for public scrutiny, because that's when we'll know. You may be right, and if you are I'll acknowledge it.
Get back to you? Hahaha...fucking Jesus wept. If your crazy conspiracy theorist bullshit wasn’t so ludicrous, I wouldn’t have ever acknowledged you.

I think I’ll get back to that.
Is it that news sources should be recognized or actually paid for the content?
Both.
(02-23-2021, 03:29 PM)crash Wrote: Get back to you? Hahaha...fucking Jesus wept. If your crazy conspiracy theorist bullshit wasn’t so ludicrous, I wouldn’t have ever acknowledged you.

I think I’ll get back to that.

It's pretty impressive how far up you've managed to bury your tongue in the corporate rectum, but don't neglect to wiggle it around a little. They really, really like that.
Do you have children, crash?

[Image: 8ac8833c0e9e9c3189a9b4ba9641d97792a0e3b4.png]
(02-23-2021, 03:49 PM)crash Wrote: Both.

I can see recognizing the source that's fairly common but to have to pay use the news story seems like a big headache to accomplish. If that's the case then the news organization should charge to subscribe to be able to read the story.
No one should be getting their news from FB. Jeez.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-23-2021, 06:05 PM)Duchess Wrote: No one should be getting their news from FB. Jeez.

Unless it's tabloid/fake/conspiracy news.
(02-23-2021, 06:05 PM)Duchess Wrote: No one should be getting their news from FB. Jeez.

And then there were six... Yep, six media behemoths now, Duchess. Only six. Do you really think any of them are better than Facebook when it comes to ethics and integrity?

You don't get filthy, stinking rich by being a decent human being. You just don't.
(02-23-2021, 06:18 PM)rothschild Wrote:

And then there were six... Yep, six media behemoths now, Duchess. Only six. Do you really think any of them are better than Facebook when it comes to ethics and integrity?

You don't get filthy, stinking rich by being a decent human being. You just don't.
Are you saying you're filthy stinking rich?  hah